Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Freitag, 25. Juli 2014

Vegan Cauliflower Pasta

Tomorrow I will be gone on vacation on a vegan little cruise ship down in Croatia for one week. I'm really exited as I share a room with a unknown person. I will post more after the vacation - telling you what I ate and how it was. 

 Ingredible how much stress and preparation vacation needs. Packing the luggage, deciding what kind of dresses and t-shirt you want to pack -  etc. Beside, making sure showing that all perishable food are either eaten or given away. 

Though I thought that I really good prepared - there were more to do than I thought. And I my flight is at 6 a.m - which means getting up very early.. uah. But I knew I will be to exited for really sleeping. 

Today in the morning I brought my cats to their holiday (a cathotel). I don't like leaving my cats somewhere else, as I knew they are very scary and being without them - I felt so alone at home without the miau, cuddle and so on. 

Anyway, after I've done what I had to do, it was already dinner time. Though my stomach is quite tens, I had wanted to eat something but eating relaxed would feel much better........

I kept it simple of course, with the left vegetable I had in the refrigerator. 

If you're not having cauliflower at home -  us another vegetable - guess the taste will be similar. Now enjoy your dinner. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Cauliflower Pasta 



30 min 
2 People

Ingredients: 
400 g cauliflower 
salt 
4 spring onions 
200 g  rigatoni (noodles)

1 clove of garlic 
15 g basil leaves 
10 g pine nuts
120 ml olive oil 
Grated zest and 2 tablespoons juice from 1 lemon

Preparation:
From the cauliflower break florets. In a pot boil water, add salt. Then cook cauliflower for 5 minutes, drain, rinse with cold water and drain. 
Clean and cut 4 spring onions into 1 cm thick rings. 

In a frying pan without fat roast the chopped hazelnuts and then let cool. 

In plenty salted water cook 200 g rigatoni according to the package directions.

Meanwhile peel and press 1 clove of garlic. Coarsly shop basil leaves and puree with the pine nuts, garlic and 100 ml olive oil.  Season to taste with salt. 

Cut the caulifower florets into thick slices and in a large pan with 20 ml oil fry until golden brown about 5 minutes. Add the Spring onions and fry 1 more minute. 
Wisk under the grated zest and 2 tablespoons lemonjuice, season with salt. 

Serve the paste with the vegetable and top with the pesto.  

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen