Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 3. Februar 2013

Indonesian Vegetable Curry

Have you ever been too tired to get up even if it's sunday. The alarmclock woke me up at 10 am. Not that early but I needed some time to awake and the shower did the rest.
While eating breakfast I realized it was already 11 am. I was never that late, even on sundays.

It snowed the morning but cleared up and the sun was shining and it stopped snowing. I'm thinking about going outside for a walk. I haven't decided yet.


Today I was craving for an curry and I grabed my cooking book looking up for what I shall cook. Then I came across an indonesian vegetable curry. I only changed the vegetable, cause I had not the ones that were calling for in the recipe. The result was the same, GOOD and spicy!!


Indonesian Vegetable Curry



Serves 4

Ingredients:
3 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic gloves, chopped
1 Lemongrass, chopped
1 tsp. coriander powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp. curcuma
1 tsp. sambal oelek
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
175- 200 ml coconuss milk
150 g green beans
3 Peppers (red, green, yellow) copped into 3 cm pieces
200 g Cauliflower
250 g small asian eggplants, copped into cunks
150 g Napa cabbage, sliced into fine strips

Direction:
For the gravy mix:
put the coriander, cumin, ginger, garlic and lemongrass together in a mortar, grind and set aside.

1. Preheat a wok or a big pan over medium heat. In oil saute the onion till glassy. Add the beans and roast for about 5 min. Add the three peppers, eggplants and cauliflower and roast for another 3-5 min.

2. Add 1 tsp. curcuma, the coconut milk and the gravy mix and cook for about 10 min.

3. After the 10 min. add the napa cabbage, 1 tsp. sambal oelek, 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce, stir well and cook another 10 min. or till the vegetable are fork tender. Put in more salt if desired and serve with parfum rice.

P.s. The result is quite spicy, so if there are children at the table use less sambal oelek or add more coconut milk.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen