Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Mittwoch, 2. Juli 2014

Yellow Pepper Soup

Yesterday I wasn't feeling well, shivering, headache, cought and nausea. Great! The lunch I had to vomit and I was working.....

In the evening I wanted to give my stomach only a soup and a piece of bread. I was hesitating weather to eat just a vegetable broth, but I knew I would be hungry after anyway and so I prepared I vegetable soup - and hoped my stomach will accept it!!! And he did. Uff 
I just eat slowly. 

Homemade soups are always good when you got nausea. 

The day after I woke up with fever and I had to go to work - I couldn't leave my boss alone with no one at the office. That's the bad side when you're the only assistant at a doctors office. Luckely weeking was coming very close.

The next week I passed work and came back on Thursday, a little weak, but health enough to work. Guess I catched a really bad flu - long time since my last one. 

But anyway, here I am not posting just my felt feelings, no - I post a really good soup! AND that's all that matters. 
I love peppers - more if they are peeled (better stomachfeelings). I could it easly in every dish I prepare..... like leek - I love!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yellow Pepper Soup


4 Portions

Ingredients:
1 Shallot, finely chopped
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
vegan margarine or oil for steaming
1 Stalk celery, cut into pieces
2 yellow peppers, deseeded, cut into pieces
150 g of potatoespeeled, cut into pieces
Teaspoon turmeric or Curry
7 dl vegetable bouillon
Salt, pepper
100 g vegan cream cheese (optional)


Direction:
Damp shallots and garlic in butter. When translucent add celery, peppers and potatoes and steam. Briefly add turmeric or curry to the stew and steam on.

Deglaze with broth and cook easily covered for 30 minutes till the potato and celery are soften and well to puree.

Puree the soup, you may spread it through a sieve to get the fibrous away and taste with salt and pepper.

Pour soup into pre-warmed great bowls, and garnish  with 1 tbsp. vegan creame cheese

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen