Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 7. August 2014

Back at home and in the kitchen

Back from vacation down in Croatia. 

I spend one great week on a vegan Cruisetrip in Croatia. In fact it was my first and defenetly not my last one, as I was never on holidays like this. And all I can say - when ever you'll see or find something comparing - Take part!!!

The Ship was about 30 meters long and 8 meters wide. 



We were about 29 guests and a crew of 8 persons. The people on the boat were all so friendly and we had good time together. 

The food they served was very good - some food I never had or tried before, but I knew I would try it out later at home. 

The vegan cook (a women) sold two vegan cookbooks and in there I found some recipes she served us - I immediately bought them. 
Unfortunatly - as every holidays - the week was too fast over.

When I came home on Saturday morning, first I felt like a stranger in my apartment. But this past after a while. 

After I unpacked my backpack and before unpacking my luggage I went for groceries and back at home I put myself into kitchen - trying food from the cookbook I've eaten on the boat.

For first I looked trough the book what else I could prepare. To begin with I started with a cheese I ate on the boat (breakfast). SO GOOD!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vegan Pimentocheese 



Ingredients:
100 g red pepper, deseeded
375 ml water
2 tsp. Agar-Agar

90 Cashews
2 Tbsp. sesamseeds
1 1/2 tsp. seasalt or normal salt
2 tsp. onionpowder
1/3 tsp. carlicpowder
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
2 tsp. lemonjuice

Preparation:
Clean red pepper and cut into cubes. Pour water in a small pan and add pepper and Agar-Agar and let it cook for 5 minutes. (beware from overcooking). 

Meanwhile blend the rest of ingredients in your blender, add the cooked pepper, including the water and blend again till smooth. 

Oil a form and pour the liquid into the form and place in the refrigerator. 

After cooled down, the cheese can be overthrown and sliced.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bread Salad with Beens, Peach and Onions 


4 Persons

Ingredients:
400 g green Beens
salt
200 g old bread
0.5 dl vegetable broth
3 Tbsp. vinegar
1 bay leaf
2 peaches
1 red onion
4 Tbsp. Oil
pepper
100 g green salad of your favorite
black olives

Preparation:
First cook beans in salted water till soft. When done drain well and pour cold water over them. Cut into 2 cm wide pieces. 

Cut bread into large cubes. 
In a frying pan without fat lightly fry the bread.

In a saucepan bring vegetable broth, vinegar and bay leaf to a boil and turn off the heat. 

Cut the peaches in half, remove the stone and cut into slices. Peel and quarter the onion and with some little oil sauté for 2 minutes, add sliced peach and sauté briefly.

Mix with the bread and the beans, pour over cooked vinegar and the left oil, mix everything well and season with salt and pepper. 

Let the salad stand for 15 min before serving (to soak up the spices). Then serve on green salad, serve with black olives. 

Enjoy!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen