Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Samstag, 27. April 2013

Zopf (Sunday Braided Bread)

When I grew up the traditional sunday braid was normal and the older I got the better I learned how to make it and later on I always wanted to make it and my mother was so astonished how good I could braiding the dough (it always looked so good).
As I grew older and older and moved out from my parents I still made the braid but since I'm vegan I let it and for many years I didn't make it or even eat it. Well the bought ones are coated with egg and sometimes I was too lazy to make the bread only for myself. AND one other reason I didn't make it again, cause there was a long time I only eat gluten free, cause to 50 % I shouldn't eat wheat and as everybody know the wheatfree dought isn't the same to the normal one and whenever I tried to make a braid I failed with the wheatfree dought. So I gave up.

I went back to the normal bread, cause the wheatfree flour is pretty expensive and it does not even taste as good as the normal bread. Well I still do eat wheat free, except of the bread.

Well yesterday while laying in bed I knew I wanted to make a braidbread, luckely I still had some flour at home and still some dried yeast and so, immediatly when I got up I started to make the bread. Unfortunatly tomorrow when I wanted to try it for breakfast I'm invited to a Birthday Brunchparty.



Zopf (Sunday Braided Bread)




Ingredients:

500 g (1 pound) wheat flour
1 pack dry yeast or 20 g fresh yeast
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
3 dl milk or soymilk
60 g vegan butter

Direction:
Mix flour and salt in a bowl and make a hollow in the middle. Add the yeast in the hollow and mix yeast with sugar. Melt butter, pour in the milk. Pour liquid into the flour. Knead everything into a smooth, supple dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth to rise to double size and leave covered at room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 220 ° C. Braiding a braid from the dough (I made two smaller ones instead of one big one). Place on a plate covered with parchment paper. Coat braid with some milk and let it rest and rise for 10 min. In the middle of the oven bake for about 20 - 30 minutes (depend on the size). After baking take out of the oven and let the braid cool completely.
 
Enjoy your homemade sunday bread :)
 
How to braid the bread:




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen