Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Montag, 7. Juli 2014

Vegan chocolate-tahini timbale cakes

As you may knwo I'm not really a sweet person, but if I have guests over for a cup off coffee I can't just serve them "nothing" - and today I wanted to surprise them - as they hardly expect myself serving a dessert. 

Anyway, back to the roots. I got a new cooking book and in there I saw and found a recipe for chocolate-tahini cakes. 

I had to try - I could not really imagine tasting tahini good in a sweet cake, but the result- and yes I tasted it off course - was astonishing good!!! The original recipe said using muffin-forms but as I'm not having real muffin form I decide to make timbale cakes - looks even better than cakes in a muffin form. 

As I'm guarding my sister home with the garden I even had some rasperry to serve with - fresh harvest at my sisters garden. (and this for the next two weeks) As my sister fridge is overfilled I mostly will take the harvest things at home, either cooking or preparing jams out of it. 

My guest really like it and this is always a good sign, hmm? And served with fresh sweet rasperries just delicious.....

If you wonder as well if they tastes, try them out and you will be surprised!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vegan chocolate-tahini timbale cakes



This variation involves using tahini in place of butter. The batter is baked in timbales. You'll need to have enough (about 2 ml) nonstick (silicone) timbales to make two dozen timbales at a time.


Makes about 24
Ingredients:115 g dark baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
120 ml unsweetened plain soya milk
160 ml Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
120 ml tahini
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
190 g all-purpose flour
1 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
1½ teaspoons baking powder
43 g cocoa powder 
½ teaspoon salt
Direction:
Preheat the oven up to 180C
Put the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, heat the soya milk over medium heat until it begins to steam and almost comes to a boil. Pour the soya milk over the chopped chocolate, then add the Kahlua, tahini, and vanilla. Let stand for 1 minute, then stir until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate is entirely melted.
Sift the flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, cocoa, and salt together into a large bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and stir gently until just combined. Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag without a tip or a resealable
plastic bag with one corner snipped off.
Put about two dozen timbale moulds on a baking sheet (the number of moulds per pan varies, so just get as close to two dozen as you can). Pipe the batter into the moulds, filling each about two-thirds full.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the tops are firm but the inside is still slightly soft (test by inserting a wooden skewer or toothpick). Transfer the moulds to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes, then invert the moulds and let the timbales cool completely, about 15 minutes. Lift off the moulds and dust the timbales with powdered sugar. These treats are best eaten the day they're made.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen