Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 31. März 2013

Easter Pascha and a easter cake

I can't believe that it's already Easter time. In my family we celebrate Easter with Eggs "clapping", salad, Bread and of course the traditional Pascha. Every year when the family comes together everyone brings his own made pascha and then they're discus which one's the best and as every year it's the one my mom made.

As I'm vegan, Easter isn't the same for me anymore, cause I know all the bad thing behind the eggs and beside that I have a allergy against eggs.

Pascha is a dessert made with quark and eggs, sugar and dried fruits, drained over night. It's full of calories so nothing for those who want to loose weight.
This year I wanted to try my first vegan pascha and a Easter cake. It's been years since I made my last pascha and for the Easter cake it will be the first time. But both the pascha and the cake were very good and I made my mother happy, cause she was afraid the pascha wouldn't taste good without eggs. I changed her mind and I'm glad about that!

 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Easter Pascha

 
easter_pasha2.jpg
 
 
I made the pasha with soy quark and soy whip cream, I'm not sure if it will worke as well with plain soy joghurt or soy sour cream. In our family we always made it with quark!
 
serves 4-5
 
Ingredients
2 dl vegan whip cream
300 g soy quark
3 tablespoons vegan margarine
2 tablespoons sugar
1 dl almonds, toasted and finely chopped or ground
1 dl candied citron
1/2 dl chopped sultanas
grated peel of one orange
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
 
Direction
I first whisked together the soy quark, soy whip cream, and margarine, until the mixture was smooth, and then added the rest of the ingredients and mixed thoroughly. Now, it’s important to check the taste: it should be both tart and sweet, and finding the right balance between the two depends on the soy products used and the sweetness of the dried fruit. The flavors will deepen when the pasha sits in the fridge overnight, but at this point it might be necessary to add a hint of lemon juice if the mixture is too sweet.
 
Now, I've covered a wet!! clay pot with a layer of cheese cloth, and spooned the pasha mixture in the clay pot and covered with the overlapping cheese cloth. Then I placed the clay pot over a deep bowl  and placed the bowl in the fridge to let our pasha drain overnight.
 
The next day, I removed the bowl from the fridge, removed the clay poth, and covered it with a serving plate, making sure that no cheesecloth remained under the rims of the sieve. Now I've turned the whole thing upside down to plate our pasha. I peeled the cheesecloth, decorated the pasha with citron and sultanas.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------
 
Easter Cake

Ingredient:
For the dough:
250 g wheat flour
2 Tbsp. sugar or Agave nectar
Zest from one lemon
1 pinch of salt
125 g Margarine (vegan Butter)
1 Tbsp. Sojaflour and 3 Tbsp. water, mixed
2 Tbsp. Sojacream
Optional: Apricotjam

For the Filling:
200 ml Sojamilk
200 ml Sojacream
2 Tbsp. Vanillepuddingpowder
1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
100 g Sultanis
3 Tbsp. Sojaflower and 9 Tbsp. water, mixed well
100 g Almonds
3 Tbsp. sugar or Agave nectar
Zest of one lemon
1 tsp. Bakingpowder

Direction:
Dough:
Wisk together the flour, sugar, lemonzest and one pinch of salt in a big bowl. Add the butter and mix well with your Fingers till there are no clumbs anymore.
Add the sojaflower/water mix and sojacream and stirr well and form it into a bowl. Wrap in some foil and put in the refrigerator for 30 min.

Meanwhile make the Filling:
Wisk together the milk, cream, Vanillepuddingpowder and cornstarch till everything is liquid. Add the Sultanis and bring to boil while constantly stirring. Turn of the heat and let it cool for 15 min with frequently stirring.

After cooling down wisk in the sojaflower/water mix, almonds, sugar, lemonzest and bakingpowder and stirr well.

Preheat the over to 200°C.
Take the dought of the refrigerator and roll it out thin (2-3mm) and put it over a bakingpaper in  28 cm bakingdish and cover the bottom with apricotjam and put it back in the refrigerator for 10 min.

Then put the Filling in the form and spread it well out and put the cake in the lower section in the oven and bake for 30 min. After the baking take it out let it cool completly down before powdering over the powdered sugar.

Serve cold and enjoy your easter dessert cake!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen