Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 3. Oktober 2013

Veggie Gulash

Autumn/wintertime is coming closer. Today was the first day pretty cold and windy, though sunny. But standing on my balcony almost blew me away - freezing.....
This day really calls for a hearty, warm filling dish for dinner. My Grandmother used to do a lot Gulash, and what was traditionall was Borrtsch - coming from Russia. NO I'm not a Russian girl but

NOTE: my grandmother parents gone/flee with their childs to Russia - during the third worldwar. I don't know anymore how long they staid there but when they had to flee from there and being back in Switzerland they all been separeted but found together years after.
My Grandmother - Good bless her, R.I.P. -  used to tell us her story and of course she brought in some special Russian dishes. NOTE finished

But now back - as I'm not posting a russian dish!

Gulash is a dish with all ingredients in one pot - easy and not very expensive - so it was mostly called for "the pore dish" - but I can't comite it. It depends what you put in it, but you only got on Pan or Plate on your table where everybody can selve themselve. No long washingtime needed.

But now finish, I'm guess I'm getting too far away from the main point of cooking....

This recipe is also perfect if you got leftovers to be used.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Veggie Gulash (Stew)

Veggie-Gulasch

2 Portions

Ingredients:
100 g Onions
garlic knob
yellow Pepper
small zuccheti
2 Tbsp. Oil
2 tsp.  lightly hot Paprika powder
2 El Paprika mark
1 tsp. cumin seeds
200 ml vegetable broth
Salt
Pepper
sugar or Agavenectar
250 g Seitan
2 Tbsp. chopped Parsely

Direction:
Finely dice onion and garlic clove. Clean peppers and Zucchini, wash and dice about 1 cm long. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add peppers, Zucchini, onions and garlic and stirr in it. Shortly steam with the yellow Pepper, pepper mark and cumin seeds.

Deglaze with vegetable broth, season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Sauté covered over medium heat about 10 minutes. Dice Seitan roll into about 2 -3 cm tall pieces. Add to the stew and simmer open another 10 minutes. Maybe you got to season with salt and pepper otherwise sprinkle with parsley. Serve and enjoy!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen