Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2013

Fresh Tomato & Wholemeal Bread Soup

I had such a hardworking day and coming home and passing through the market lanes, I saw fresh, big and so great smelling italian tomatoes (unfortunatly I forgot their name..). I had to buy them immediatly. First I was thinking about making a tomatosauce for my next tomorrows dinner, but then being back at home I changed for the soup. But this will have to wait till tomorrow

Sunday, one hour back of time changing into winterseason. Every half of year the same and mostly every time I forget it and realize it when waking up, hearing the news on the alarmclock-radio. This year was different, I knew the time would change the day before but I forgot it. When it the alarmclock ran I turned it off - some more sleep, but when getting up the radiospeaker said the hour and I was lightly shocked - what? - oh now... For a sundaymorning a little bit early I have to say.

After I passed the morning through with kitchenwork, I needed a lunchbreak. The idea about making a soup with the fresh yesterday-bought italian tomatoes. This soup would calm my stomachrumors for sure.

As almost every soups, this one is very fast done, perfect if you are in a hurry! AND of course so tasty. Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Fresh Tomato-Wholemeal Bread Soup


Serves: 4-5

Ingredients:
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 large onion
800g fresh tomatoes
1 lt vegan vegetable stock
4 medium slices of wholemeal bread
25g pack basil

Direction:
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion for five minutes. Add the tomatoes, cover and cook for a further five minutes. Stir in the stock and bring to the boil.

Roughly tear up the bread and add to the soup. Simmer for five minutes. Add the basil and purée with a hand blender or in a food processor. Season to taste.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen