Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Samstag, 12. Oktober 2013

Beetroot Hummus


While last week I made a few delicious dips and spread and they are almost already eaten, I craved for more! I was searching a recipe for making Baba Ganoush and while going through cookbooks where I probably would find it, I crossed a recipe for Beetroot Hummus. I immediatly wanted to it make next. I even found the recipe for Baba Ganoush but Beetroot Hummus going to be first done.

This Hummus is really very very fast done (I haven't prepared a lot Hummus before....) and so delicious. Unbelievebl I haven't made my hummus myself before. Maybe you can't understand but for now till ever I will make my own Hummus - believe me!!

I bought cooked Beetroot and already have a pack in my refrigerator for more or something else. A Beetroot soup is spinning in my mind. Probably the next dish I'm going to prepare.




Red Beet Hummus


Isn't the colour great?!


Ingredients:
500 g Red Beets (I used precooked ones)
1 can chickpeas
1 big onion
1 Tbsp. cross cumin
1 Tbsp. tahini
230 ml vegetable broth
60 ml lemonjuice
80 ml oil

Direction:
Peel and dice then cut the red beet into cubes, add to your blender or a big bowl. Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas give to the red beets.

Peel and chop the onion. In preheated pan with 1 Tbsp. oil roast the onion for 2-3 min then add 1 Tbsp. cross cumin and roast for another minute. Afterward add to the beet and chickpeas.
Add the lemonjuice and vegetable broth, garlic, tahini and process well trough. At the final end slowly - while processing -  pour in the oil and process till you get a smoth consistence.


Store in glasses in your refrigerator and the Hummus will be good for a few weeks. If you havn't eaten it before ;)




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen