Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 6. Oktober 2013

Pumpkin Puree with Lentils and Mushrooms

My first pumpkin this year - yeah finally. I had to buy one, cause the one plant having in my garden came out to be a carnish-pumpkin. This happend cause I picked some babyplants from my sisters compost. I was pretty upsad, but maybe next year with the now saved cores.

Anyway I was so excited when I bought a Hokkaido, first thinking about making a soup, but that was too daily. I wanted something different. Then I reminded myself having a great pumpkin-puree last year at the vegetarian/vegan restaurant (which was sooo good).
Well over a year I couldn't quite remember every ingredients it got, but for now I tried a to cook it at least similar.

Thought I've used other spices and herbs the result was very good. I couldn't get my spoon out of it before serving!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pumpkin Puree with Lentils and Mushrooms

Vegetarisches Rezept: Kürbispüree mit Linsen am Meat Free Monday

4 Portions

Ingredients:
Pumpkin puree:
1 pumpkin, for example Hokkaido or butternut, approx. 1 kg.
Ghee
Sea salt
125 g black lentils  or green Puy lentils
150 g shiitake mushrooms or mushroom mixture with Portobello, Oyster, shiitake mushrooms, cleaned
Freshly cut parsley sauce:
1/2 of bunch of smooth-leaved parsley (leaves)
3 Tablespoons nuts and seeds, such as walnuts, pine nuts, almonds
3-4 TBSP freshly grated vegan Parmesan cheese
6 Tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt
black pepper

Direction:
Pumpkin puree:
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Cut Pumpkin in half lengthwise, remove the seeds with a spoon. Brush Pumpkin halves with ghee, add salt. With the cut surface give down on a plate with parchment paper.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes in the middle of the oven. The time longer or shorter depending on the variety: once the skin is lightly browned and bubbles (great meat), remove. Allow to cool slightly. Solve the pumpkin flesh with a spoon out of the shell.
Cook Lentils up with 2.5 dl of water. Simmer covered at small heat 20 to 30 minutes until they are soft. Drain, set aside later.
Parsley sauce:
Put the ingredients in a mortar including olive oil, crush roughly the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Then quickly stir fry mushrooms in ghee over high heat and season lightly.

Dressers:
Put the pumpkin puree on a preheated plates, place lens,  sprinkle with sauce and cover with mushrooms.

Tip:
This is a recipe for the whole year. In the summer, you can make the dish with Zucchini, spaghetti squash and Patissons (with the mandolin in spaghettiform cut and stir fry in a pan).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen