Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 10. Oktober 2013

Pumpkin-Pesto / Dip / Spread

Today was a day with 3 stop overs. First stop was at the dentist - everything ok. Second stop was at the supermarket where I buyed a Hokkaido-Pumpkin and stuff I needed for my cooking-adventure. And of course the third stop ended up in the kitchen

As I love vegetable dip/spread/pesto's I wanted to make one out of Pumpkin. I was so exausted about starting with it and of course about the result. I have to say ahead - it is delicious!!!!!!!
I hardly couldn't stop myself from digging in my fingers.

The pesto isn't oily - which I like more and it's creamy and therefore usuable for many kind of variation, such as a dip, spread or even as a sauce for your next pastadish.

Well, let's see how long it will last till I ate everything. Probably not very long. It won't be the last time I've done it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Pumpkin-Pesto / Dip / Spread
 
 

 makes about 2 big and 3 small glasses
 
Ingredients:
1 Pumpkin (in my case Hokkaido about 1300kg)
2 knob garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
100 ml water
2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds (or pine seeds)
6-8 dried tomatoes (I used the ones in oil)
50 ml olive oil
3 Tbsp. chopped chives or parsely
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. fresh grounded pepper
 
Direction:
Halve the pumpkin and pull the core away, then cut into pieces. Preheat a pan and add one Tbsp. oil, add the onion and garlic and shortly roast. Then add the chopped Pumpking, stirr and shortly roast then add the water and cook at middle heat till soft. When done put into a bowl and set outside or in the refrigerator to let cool down.
 
Meanwhile chopp the tomatoes and together with the left ingredients combine in a blender. Process well through then add (when cooled down) the pumpkin and blend all together. Season with more salt or pepper if needed.
 
Put the pesto / dip / spread in well-sealing glasses and keep refrigerated. It will be good for about 2 weeks.
 
Tastes great on bread , Pasta or as a dip!
 
 
(of course I first had to neatly clean the bowl with my finger before cleaning..)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen