Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 29. September 2013

Coconut-Curry-Lentils with smoked Tofu

You can't imagine about my bad weekend I've been having. Well in fact it was the very loud noise coming from upstairs from the new renters moving in - and this over the weekend. Saturday evening I heard the noise till after midnight and I couldn't sleep. He finally left but came back at 07.25 to start again. I immediatly woke up and was pretty angry as all he could do, was letting falling something down right over my bedroom and continuited rumoring. I just screamed then after went out the door in the hall and just screamed for some quite to sleep at least a few hours. Well I was quite afterward but only till 10 a.m. and the walking up and down with furniture continued till 5 p.m. I really wondered if moving in on sundays is aloud. I really easy to handle with but this sunday morning was defentiv too much! From the old renter I never heard something and this was so easy living.

Hopefully this will not be going. I really want to enjoy my vacation.

Anyway. After a short breakfast and a few hours of officework, I defently needed some nerve-food to stain the loudness from outside and upstairs. Standing in the kitchen, with the cabinet open, my brain worked about an idea about what I should do.. Then I decided to do something simple and not much ahead working to do. Lentils with vegetable and Tofu, creating the taste came by cooking. That's how I cook when it had to be fast done.

But, back to how I cooked the dish. Most ingredients you will find in your closet so no special ingredients needed :)

Enjoy this dish! For myself it gave me my nerve-strenght back to fight the noise.

 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Coconut-Curry-Lentils with smoked Tofu



4 Portions

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. Rapeoil
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 knob of garlic, pressed through
200 g Leek, cut into half and cut into 1 cm slices
200 g Carrots, cut into 1 cm sticks
200 g Celleriy, cut into 1 cm sticks
200 g green lentils
1 ½ Tbsp. little spice currypowder
½ - 1 tsp. Sambal Oelek
4 dl vegetable broth
2 ½ dl Cocosmilk
salt to taste
200g smoked Tofu
 
Direction:
Preheat oil in pan, add the onion and garlic and roast until translucent. Give in the vegetable and lentils and roast for about 3 min. Stirr in the curry and sambal oelek and roast. Pour in the vegetablebroth and lower the heat.
 
Let it cook covered at middle heat for about 20 min. Add the coconutmilk and finish it cooking open for about 20 min. Taste with salt.
 
Meanwhile cut the smoked Tofu into slices. Preheat a pan with some oil  and roast the tofu on both sides for about 2 min.
 
Take a bowl or a plate put the lentils on it and garnish with the roasted Tofu and enjoy your meal!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen