Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 17. Oktober 2013

German Mett-Sausage (Spread)

Mett - is a traditional raw pork spread with onions- unbelieveble how someone could eat it, but it's a beloved dish (snack) for the germans. It's only know in Germany and therefore I never had it or even could imagine how it tastes.

Anyway while being in the web, watching vegan cook-recipes on youtube I came across a vegan version of Mett. I was curious and thinking while I watched it. I had to try it - but I was also a little bit afraid of it's taste. Cause in the video a meat-eater ate it and couldn't make a different in it's taste.

So I went to the supermarket to get the main ingredients: Ricewaffles. You may wonder - WHAT - but YES, surprisngly hmm...!!!!!!!!!!

And one good thing about this fake Mett - it's a superfast done spread for you next piece of bread (as it's be used for)

When done I tasted it wondering. Unfortunatly (or lookely) I never had Mett and therefore I had nothing to compare with but  - YES it tastes, in fact IT IS VERY GOOD and you don't have to be afraid eating raw meat with it's bacteries and antibioticas AND no animal got hurt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------


German Mett-Sausage-Spread

 
 
makes a middle size glass
 
Ingredients:

50 g Ricewaffles
2 - 3 Tbsp. tomatoe paste
Juice from a half lemon
1 Onion
a few chopped garlic
a bunch of chives
some majoranpowder
salt, pepper, paprikapowder
200 ml vegetable broth
some oil

Direction:
Crumble small the rice cakes and add into a bowl. Add 200 ml vegetable broth, until the whole thing has a slightly muddy consistency.

Then chop the onion and give in. For the color put 2 -3 Tbsp. tomato paste, then salt, pepper , majoran, chives, garlic and finally some oil.
Stomp the whole thing with your hand well through until you receive a uniformly colored mixture. If the "pork" is still too bright, again add some tomato paste and mix again.
The whole is stable for a few days in the refrigerator at some point it just dries out.

Then leave least 5 hours (or best overnight) in the refrigerator, so that the ricewaffles soak up the flavor of the onions and spices. (It's been eaten on a piece of bread)
 
Note: after I finished the mett I seasend it up, cause I couldn't taste really well the spices - but then after a few hours resting it ended up to be too spicy. So beware of season it up too early!!!!!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen