Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Dienstag, 1. Januar 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 
 
 
Happy New Year to everyone.
 
 
I had an wonderful and joyfull evening with my sister and brother with their partners.
 
My little newphew went to bed early and afterward we ate dinner and played "Nobody's perfect" till midnight and later on.
 
I walked home about 02.30 and was at 03.00 h at home. First I thought about sleeping at my sister's but I wasn't in the mood to be waked up at 7 am from my newphew so I went home. I felt better by then, not so dizzy from the alcohol anymore. I was glad that I was at home in my own bed and sleeping till 10 am.
 
-------------------------------------------------------
 
If you got headache after new years eve, this drink may help you. Try it out.
 
 

The Green Smoothie

Drink this slightly sweet reviver for breakfast to kick-start the day or as an afternoon pick-me-up.
 
Makes 2

The Green Machine

Ingredients

  • 2Granny Smith apples, halved, cored, finely chopped
  • 13"-piece-cucumber, finely chopped
  • 1cup(packed) fresh spinach
  • 3/4cupbrewed green tea, room temperature
  • 1/4 cupfresh mint leaves plus 2 sprigs mint
  • 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
  • Fresh lemon Juice

Preparation



Purée apples, cucumber, spinach, tea, 1/4 cup mint leaves, and honey in a blender until very smooth. Strain juice through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium pitcher.
 
Season to taste with lemon juice.
 
Divide juice between glasses. Garnish each with a mint sprig.
 
-------------------------------------------------

Tofu Scramble

4-6 servings
Tofu Scramble

Ingredients

  • 214-ounce blocks extra-firm tofu
  • 2tablespoonsvegetable oil
  • 1small onion, chopped
  • 1small green bell pepper, finely chopped
  • 1small red bell pepper, finely chopped
  • 1/2teaspoonground coriander
  • 1/2teaspoonground cumin
  • 1 1/2teaspoonsground turmeric
  • 115-ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained
  • 1/4cupcoarsely chopped fresh cilantro
  • Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
  • 4-6whole wheat tortillas, warmed
  • Garnishes: salsa, chopped avocado, grated cheddar, sliced scallions, and hot pepper sauce (optional)

Preparation


Place tofu on a plate lined with several layers of paper towels (to absorb liquid). Using a fork or potato masher, smash tofu.
 
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-4 minutes. Stir in coriander and cumin; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tofu, then turmeric. Add beans; cook, stirring often, until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
 
Serve scramble with tortillas and garnishes, as desired.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen