Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Samstag, 5. Januar 2013

Polenta Pizza

I'm sick at home with high fever. Yesterday at work I felt so bad, I had to vomit twice and I had to put on my jacket, I freezed badly. I hadn't eating the whole day, even the tea I had to vomit. Luckely I worked only till 4 o'clock and as soon as I was at home I put myself on the sofa with two plankets. The evening I only ate a Carrot soup and went to bed and sleept until 11 the next day. When I'm sick and being alone with no partner I feel so alone. No one there making me some tea or a soup or making the groceries. Even the household.
Luckely I only need a few things from the supermarket and the supermarket is just around the corner.

My whole plans about going to the mountains skiing felt into water. My friends went anyway but without me. They send me some pictures from the mountains and the snow.

The swiss mountains.




The most nown mountain in switzerland - the Matterhorn



-------------------------------------------------


Polenta Pizza                                              

This pizza is very delicate, so you'll need it with a fork, but it's a great way to use up all your leftover veggies! Cleaning out the fridge has never been so easy or fun! Pizza sauce may be substituted for the marinara.


Picture of Polenta Pizza

Ingredients
  • 1½ cups water
  • 1½ cups plant-based milk
  • ¾ cups cornmeal                  
  • 1 tbsp italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp black pepper                  
  • ½ cup marinara sauce
  • 2 cups mixed vegetables 
                                     

Instructions
Grease a 13x 9 casserole dish and set aside. Whisk the water, non-dairy milk, cornmeal, salt, and seasoning in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook, constantly stirring, until it becomes thick, like a heavy oatmeal. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish, spreading out evenly and patting down firmly but gently using a spatula. Cover and refrigerate until it sets, about an hour. Preheat oven to 450 F. Remove covering and bake polenta completely uncovered for 25 minutes. Remove and add a thin layer of sauce and your toppings. Careful not to use too much sauce or it will be soggy. Bake another 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are cooked but still crisp and polenta is crisp along the edges. Serve immediately.
 
---------------------------------------------
 
Quinoa and Vegetable Loaf
vegan quinoa bake, quinoa bake
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Makes one loaf

-2 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa, rinsed well prior to cooking, and set aside to cool
-1 zucchini, roughly chopped
-1/2 red capsicum
-1 cup broccoli florets
-1 bunch flat leafed parsley
-1/2 bunch basil
-Pinch salt and pepper to taste
-1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
-2 tbsp chia seeds, soaked in 1/4 cup water

-Preheat oven to 200ºC
-Line an oven proof loaf dish and set aside
-In a blender, pulse the capsicum, zucchini, broccoli, parsley, basil, salt and pepper and nutritional yeast until finely chopped and mixed
-In a large bowl, mix the quinoa and pulsed vegetables together, then stir through the chia seeds well, using your fingers to combine if necessary
-Spoon into the dish, and gently push down
-Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool
-Once cooled, invert onto a wire rack
-Optional- Bake on the wire rack for an extra 15 minutes- this creates a delicious, crispy outside!
-Slice carefully and serve with a crisp, green salad

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen