Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Dienstag, 29. Januar 2013

Bean and veggie mini burgers

I woke up earlier than I wanted but didn't get up, I was still tired. Luckely I fell asleep again. Being awake too early in the morning isn't that much fun. But no wonder, cause I fell asleep yesterday evening in front of the TV (again!) and I missed the final show of a tv show taking pass in the jungle of Australia.
Lately I get so tired after dinner and when I lay down on the sofa I immediatly fall asleep and wake up after midnight.

I don't even realize it and beside the cats (sleeping as well) there is no one to wake me up.


 Bean-and-Veggie Sliders   

 
These mini bean-and-veggie burgers are a inspiration from a Vietnamese sandwiches. I changed some ingredients to get this burgers. 
Blended beans and rice are the basis of these sliders, which are supercharged with grated carrots, broccoli, and ginger. Top them with cilantro and sliced mango for the brightest burgers ever.

 
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Yield Makes 12

Ingredients

2 cups cooked kidney beans
1 cup steamed jasmine or basmati rice
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/3 cup shredded broccoli
2 tablespoons grated ginger
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
12 small whole-wheat rolls, split
Garnishes: Chili Mayonnaise (see below), lettuce, mango, red onion, and cilantro

Directions

  1. Pulse beans in a food processor until mixture resembles ground meat. Pulse in rice. Stir bean mixture in a bowl with carrot, broccoli, ginger, cilantro, and flavor base.
  2. Form into twelve 2 1/2-inch round patties (1/4 cup each). Cook in hot oil over medium-high heat until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Sandwich in rolls, adding garnishes.
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
For dinner I needed a cheese sauce and therefore I already prepared it after lunch time to safe some time in the evening.
 
Basic Cheeze Sauce
 

 














Prep Time: 10 mins

Ingredients (1.5 cups)
  • 3/4 cup raw cashews
  • 1/2 cup vegetable broth
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, to taste
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder (optional)
  • 1.5 tsp kosher salt , or to taste
  • Freshly Ground black pepper & your desired dried or fresh herbs
Instructions
  • Add cashews into food processor and process until fine crumb. Be careful not to over-process and release the oils. Now add in the rest of the ingredients, to taste, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Makes 1-1.5 cups.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen