Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2013

Creamy Pumpkin Oats with almonds

Breakfast is usually something when I just eat fruits and two leaves of Bread topped with Jam. I'm not much into cooking early in the morning. Last morning I changed my mind and made some cooked oats with pumpkin puree (made the evening before).
It was faster done than I thought and very good, maybe this was just what it needed to change my mind about my breakfast.

Well I'm a swiss girl and you may think that I must love "Birchermüesli", but in fact - I don't really do so. I guess when I was at the hospital for a longer stay I ate too much of Birchermüesli. I never ate it since then and that was back in 2008. I didn't even tried corn flakes with milk. Bad remeberies!
Until now......guess I needed some time to get over it.


Creamy Pumpkin Oats with Toasted Almonds

 
Cook time:
Serves: 1

Ingredients
  • ½ cup rolled oats
  • ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • scant ½ cup water
  • pinch each salt & cinnamon and flaxseed meal
  • 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
  • 1.5 Tbsp brown sugar
  • ¼ cup almonds, crushed
 
Instructions
  1. Bring the almond milk and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add oats and salt and reduce heat to medium.
  2. Stirring occasionally, cook for 2 minutes and then add pumpkin. Cook for 3-4 minutes more or until creamy, being careful to stir often.
  3. In the meantime, toast almonds (or another nut) in a pan over medium-high heat until dark brown on all sides.
  4. When ready, remove oats from heat and add flaxseed, cinnamon, brown sugar and stir.
  5. Put the oats in a bowl, top with almonds and serve with your favorite fruits.
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
Salad is just such a great dish. With almost everything you can prepare a salad.
What I like most is when the ingredients got different colors, it just looks greater. AND this salad looks great with its color and with orange in the salad the taste was different but so great- try it out. It may even change your mind about Beets if you're not a beet lover....
 
 
Beet and Orange Salad
 
 
 
Serves 2-4
1 bunch fresh spinach leaves
3 navel oranges
5 beets

Dressing:
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/3 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
3 Tbsp fresh orange juice

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Wash the beets and trim off the greens and pointy ends. Place the beets on a sheet of foil on a baking sheet. Cover with a light coat of olive oil and wrap the foil over them so they are covered. Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until beets are soft, but not slimy.

Mix the ingredients for your dressing together and set aside. Slice your oranges into thin slices.

Once your beets have cooked and cooled, slice them into medium slices (about 1/2 inch thick) and plate your spinach. Arrange your beets and orange slices in alternating layers atop the spinach and cover with the dressing. Garnish with some parsley. 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen