Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Dienstag, 1. Januar 2013

Fennel, Tomato and Chickpea Stew

I recently bought this cooking book and as I was going trough it I saw some delicious recipes I want to try. I got so many cooking book - I don't even now how much, plus hundreds from magazines. Most I haven't tryed yet.



 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I once wrote that I can't get enough of Chines noodles. In this dish I used normal, eggfree noodles with a veggie stew. For the first of January just right to get something in my stomach.

Fennel, Tomato and Chickpea Stew over Fettuccine
 


Fennel, Tomato and Chickpea Stew
Serves 4

1 tbs. olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 large fennel bulb, cut into 1/4 dice
2 tbs. Pernod
1 can of whole tomatoes (or fresh ones)
1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
parsley
200 g uncooked eggless Fettuccine (take more if your're really hungry.)

In a large saute pan over medium-low heat, add the olive oil and sweat the onion for 4-5 minutes, then add the salt, garlic, red pepper, oregano and smoked paprika and cook for one more minute.

Add the fennel, stir to combine and cook for an additional five minutes. Add the Pernod to deglaze the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until evaporated.

Add the whole tomatoes to the fennel and lightly crush (a potato masher works wonders) to release the juices. Bring to a simmer, and cook about 15-20 minutes.

Finally add the chickpeas, and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until everything looks thickened.

Check for salt, and serve over fettuccine, garnished with parsley.
-------------------------------------------------

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen