Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2015

Chickpea-Tofu

When I got vegan all I knew was the tofu - well this is quite a time ago. 

Times passed and I tasted different meat-replacers and the tofu amount went back. Every once a while I still bought it as more different tastes came up and the tofu went back into my kitchen. Still not the big amount.

I often thought about making my own tofu and the first few times I completely failed. Either the taste or the consistence. 

Anyway. And suddenly there happened that I had the chance to taste Chickpea-Tofu and though the taste is different I liked it. I asked a little bit about it was made and now I made my own Chickpea-Tofu.

Great I have to say. And when you fry it the taste is even better!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chickpea-Tofu



8 Servings

Ingredients:
3 Cups Besan (chickpeaflour)
8 cups water
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil or unsalted butter
1 tsp. tumeric powder
1/3 Tbsp. salt
1/3 Tbsp. ginger powder

Preparation:
In a medium pot bring 5 cups of water with 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. vegetable oil to a boil.

Meanwhile whisk Besan flour, 3 cups water, turmeric, ginger and salt in a mixing bowl.

Take a 32x22x5 cm baking dish and rub with 1 tsp. of oil. 

When the water is boiling pour in the Besan mixture and quickly whisk for 5 to 7 min. while it's cooking (maybe season if necessary). 

Turn off the heat and pour into the prepared baking dish. Tap the dish even, as well as some bubbles. Cover with plastic and make sure that the plastic touches the surface, this will ensure that the tofu will not form a skin. 
Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours (or more if needed) to chill. 

When ready to eat, peel of the plastic wrap - lay a flat plate on top and turn over to release the tofu from the baking dish. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen