Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2015

Raw Blueberry-Cashew-Cake

As you may have realized I'm not really dessert eater, but every once in a while I'm in the mood for it. As my last Raw-Cake was so delicious I wanted to make another - but different one. 

I really do love Blueberries, beside they tastes great they are full of good vitamins. If you wonder where at this time of year I got the blueberries - they are frozen ones - as good as fresh ones. 

Another reason I made a cake again is having guests over who have never eaten a raw cake. For mine I like the raw cakes much better than the baked ones. The raw tastes just more fresh and and - just better. And for sure much more healthier than baked ones. 

For a long time I couldn't have imagined making a raw cake - but every once time just has to happen. 

Anyway my guests didn't know they were eaten a raw cake and all I can say they said honestly that it tastes great (they are, well quite sceptic about vegan food). 

One next challenge was my freezer. I only have a very small freezer which I had to empty completely for the cake. 

Now go ahead for your Raw Berry Cake

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Raw Blueberry-Cashew-Cake



8 Portions

Ingredients:

Crust:
200 g almonds
200 g dates (best Medjool)
1 pinch of salt

Cashew mass:
400 g cashew
2 pcs. Lemon (juice only)
1/2 tsp vanilla Bourbon (ground or seeds of a vanilla pod)
100 ml coconut oil
Agave syrup 100 ml (for more sweetness man can not use)

Topping:
250 g blueberries (I used frozen ones, thawed)

Preparation:
Soak the cashews over night. 

The day after: for the crust mix/blend the almonds, pitted dates and a pinch of salt in your blender until smooth but still a little crunchy. For a test take some of the crust in your hand and if the mass holds together, it is perfect.

Give the mass into a pieform and press down evenly with your hands to cover the bottom. Set aside and start with the layers. 

Mix coconut oil and agave syrup together. Strain the soaked cashews strain and pour into a blender, add Lemon juice, vanilla and coconut oil with agave syrup and blend smooth.

Take 2/3 of the cashew mass lay evenly on top of the crust and spread out on the floor. To the remaining mass add the blueberries and mix again everything well. Spread the blueberry mass to the previous mass. Cover with kitchenfoil and give in the freezer. The longer the better. 


Before serving take the Cake 30 min before out of the freezer and garnish with almonds and left blueberries and cut with a hot knife into pieces.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen