Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 4. Januar 2015

Zürcher Sliced Seitan in Cremesauce with Hash browns

Today I present a typical swiss Zurich dish with Seitan. (Zürich is a big city in Switzerland). 

While sitting at the breakfast I knew I had to prepare myself something for dinner. The roast from yesterday is eaten and I knew I wanted to make something with sliced Seitan. I don't know how but the idea about making it Zürich-Style was a first thought crossing my mind. 

I don't even know when I had it the last time - definitely too long ago. So now time for it. 

This traditional swiss dish is served with Hashbrowns or nuddles. And still having two sweet potatoes laying outside on the balcony  - Hash browns was for sure. 

Well, Hash browns - tough very easy - I mostly fail. I mostly cook the potatoes too long and at the end it ends up more like a potatocake than hash browns. But never give up a failure and I guess the todays Hash browns did came out very well (for mine). 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zürcher sliced seitan in Cremesauce with Hash browns



2-3 Persons

Ingredients:
1 can of mushrooms, drained (about 200g)
250 g precooked sliced seitanstrips
1 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. peppersalt (or normal salt and additional pepperpowder)
1 Tbsp. tomatopaste
2 Tbsp. oil
some dash of cognac
1/2 dl. white wine
2 dl soymilk
1 dl soycream
grounded pepper

Hash browns:
3 large potatoes (the first way I used sweet potatoes and the taste was great!!)

Preparation:
Wash and peel the potatoes and cook in salted water till almost well done. Drain under cold water let them cool down completely. 

Meanwhile pepare the seitan-mushroompan

Give 1 Tbsp. or more oil in a pan over high heat and strongly sear the sliced seitan. Season with peppersalt or normal salt and additional red pepperpowder. Set aside in a bowl. 

In the same pan give another Tbsp. of oil, add the chopped onions and tomatopuree and roast till the onions got colour but not burned. Add the mushrooms and keep on roasting. Deglaze with the whitewine and cognac and while stirring let it cook to reduce the liquid. Add soymilk and cream, cook up and season with grounded pepper.

At the last end give back the roasted seitanslices, stirr and cook up and season if necessairy. 

For the Hash browns;
Grate the cooked and cooled down potatoe on your potatograter. Add enough oil in a frying pan, add the grated potatoe and roast - pressed like a cake - on each side till it lightly turns brown and a crust forms. 

Serve the Züri-Seitan-Hash with Hash browns. sprinkled with parsely and half a fresh lemon (if desired). 

Now enjoy an original swiss dish. ;)





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen