Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 4. August 2013

Stuffed grilled peppers with Baccalà and other dish

Saturdaynight fever! Yesterday I had my first day at the job, it was a good day. As I previous said before I started working at a surgery doctors office with Operations and two part-time surgery doctors (with only normal office hours). Anyway on my first day I was already alone in the afternoon and I managed it very well I have to say! Well my chef was very helpfull and showed me a lot on the computer, explained etc. very good. I feel well there and that's very important for me!

But back to the roots of my post.

Being back at home I was lightly hungry and needed a small but healthfull dish. Having fresh peppers (the milder ones) from the local market I knew immediatly what I wanted to do, cause I already had it in my mind a few days ago. As I had some leftover rice from the day before this dish was pretty fast done. I grilled them in a grilling pan instead on the grill, the taste almost the same.

So good. I served it with a green salad -  just perfect for a very hot passing day!

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


Stuffed grilled peppers with Baccalà



Ingredients:
For 6 persons
250 g chick peas from a can
50 g Tahin
7 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt
2 Tsp rose hot paprika
2 Tsp cumin
3 Tbsp lemon juice
100 g onions
30 g chopped almonds
1 Tin of Saffron powder
250 g cooked long-grain rice (100 g raw)
30 g raisins
5 Stalks fresh mint
100 g vegan feta cheese (or any other melting cheese)
6 green pointed pepper of approx. 75 g
1 Tablespoon sumac

Direction:
1. Finely mash the chickpeas with about half of its cooking liquid, Tahin, 4 tbsp olive oil, some salt, 1 tsp paprika powder, 1 TL cumin and 3 tablespoons lemon juice, taste and then refrigerate.

2 Finely dice the onions. Lightly sauté with the almonds in 3 tablespoons olive oil. Stir in Saffron, 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1 tsp cumin and sauté briefly. Then add the rice and raisins and season everything with salt. Finely choars chop 3 Stalks of mint leaves, and stir. Take rice from the heat and mix in crumbled feta cheese.

3. From the peppers cut each a lid at the base of the stalk. Remove the seeds and fill in the rice mixture. Seal with lids and stuck the lid with 2 wooden skewers. Grill the peppers around 10 minutes.

4. Serve the peppers with the ahead prepared Baccalà dizzled with 1 tbsp olive oil, chopped remaining Mint and sprinkled with sumac.

-------------------------------------------------------------
 
Saturday and again a hot day. I had a lot of household to do beside groceries. When being finished with the program I layed myself in the backround and started reading my fourth book in 3 weeks.
 
After give the vegetable in the garden some water I went inside for preparing the dinner.
 
This is what I made:
 
------------------------------------------------------------------- 
 
Moroccan carrot salad with Harissa
 
Moroccan carrot salad with Harissa
 
Serves 8
 
Ingredients:
10 carrots
2 tablespoons Harissa
4 tablespoons chopped preserved lemon (about one lemon)
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
salt & pepper to taste

 
Direction:
Cut the carrot to rounds about 1/2 cm thick.
Boil 4 cups of water and add salt.
Boil the carrot for 10 min until soft but still have some bite to it. Drain, let dry and cool.
Mix the carrot with the rest of the ingredients and let it sit in the fridge at least over night.
Before serving check and see if the salad needs more salt or vinegar.
Serve at room temperature.
 



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen