Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Mittwoch, 21. August 2013

Nectarine-Green-Salad with Blackberry Dressing, Basil and Hazelnuts

Doesn't this salad look tasty?? A long the peaches I bought I also got some Nectarines and some Blackberries.

Every day on my way to work there are Blackberries growing a long the busstation. Especially in the evening when waiting for the bus and I'm hungry I pick some of the Blackberries, so good and sweet. Well some of you may think "eating Blackberries very close to pretty driven Road".... but I don't matter. Of course it would be better not growing so close to the street, but what could happen? A little dust won't kill me. AND I'm not going over to harvest them, just snacking while waiting.

But during this time my mind is spinning what else could be done with the Blackberry. A desert? A smoothie? For breakfast? But I wanted something to add for lunch or appetizer. Then I remembered that with any fruit there could be made a dressing.
And so my Lunchsalad took pictures of ideas.

Now having fresh Blackberries I took the adventure of making the dressing, first searching a little bit the web for an exactly idea of what ingredients pleases with the Blackberries.

The dressing is so fast done and just taste great! Together with some additional fruits in your green salad, a perfect summer fresh salad to enjoy!

Surprisingly my sister came over for a short stop and when she saw the salad she immediatly had to have bowl. She liked it as well as I did ;) and we had a nice lunchsalad together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nectarine-Green-Salad with Blackberry-Dressing, Basil and Hazelnuts


Nectarine Salad with Blackberry Dressing, Basil + Hazelnuts

Serves 1

Ingredients:
For the Salad:
2 Big handfuls salad greens
1 Nectarine, stone removed and fruit cut into thin slivers
2-3 T Blackberries
1/4 C Basil leaves
2 T Hazelnuts, toasted and skinned
Blackberry Dressing, a few tablespoons

For the Blackberry Dressing:
1/3C Blackberries, fresh or frozen and defrosted
2T Extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 T Balsamic vinegar
1/2 T Agave nectar (optional)
1T Water

Prepare the dressing first.
Blend all the listed ingredients up in a blender, pour into a jar or bowl and refrigerate while you prepare the salad.

To toast hazelnuts, lay on a baking try and place in a hot (180C) oven for 5-10 minutes, until skins are blistered. Watch closely so they don’t burn. Tip onto a kitchen towel, wrap them up and rub vigorously to remove loose skins. Don’t worry if they don’t come off completely.

Place a handful of salad greens on individual plates or in a large bowl, add a layer of nectarine slices and whole berries, scatter over the basil and toasted nuts and finish with a generous drizzle of the dressing.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen