Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Samstag, 17. August 2013

Peach Rosmary Jam

I just love summertime. Lot's of fresh summerfruits I could dig myself into. Too bad my refrigerator is so small, in fact it's overloaded with food I can't live without.

- Fresh vegetable, fruits
- salad, sprouts
- Wakamesalad, Edamame
- Tofu, Seitan, vegan sausage, vegan ham
-  vegan sandwichspread, vegan cream cheese
- vegan gnocchi, miso, asian stuff
-  jam
-  precooked food
and so on, defently much for ONE Person

Unfortunatly there is no fuse in my basement to place an additional refrigerator or fridge, I defently could need it.

But for now, I bought fresh fruits I wanted to use immediatly to make - again - some jam, a some of course I will eat right away.
Since now I probably got about 25-30 glasses of jam in my basement and with this jam it will be more. But I guess this will be the last jam I make for this year. Hope I can resist to all the fresh fruits....

If you wonder about the ingredients in the list below, don't worry - the Rosmary doesn't taste that strong that it disturbs the taste fo sweetness of a jam. Try it out, it's really good!!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peach Rosmary Jam



Ingredients:
500g Peach
300g Sugar
20g (1 pouch) fast gelling sugar
2 g Rosmary
2-3 tsp. dried red peppercorn

Direction:
Cut peaches into slices or small pieces. Put them together with the fast gelling sugar in a big pan, preheat and let it cook for 1 min. Add the sugar and let it again cook for 6-8 minutes.

Pluck Rosmaryneedle and chop finely. Grind the red pepper between your hands and add it together with the chopped rosmary to cooking jam and stirr well. Turn off heat and put the jam in hot washed glasses, seal well. Let it cool down.

Note: If all ingredients were fresh and you worked cleanly the jam will be good for a long time, if stored at about 5 °C.

Enjoy

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen