Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 18. August 2013

Saffron-Tomato-Chutney

Hmm, my mouth watering when I see fresh picked Cherrytomatoes. Unfortnuatly my Cherrytomatoes on my balcony are a little late. To be truth, only 2 Tomatoes are ready to eat. The rest still green. Hopefully they will turn red soon.

Well till then I go to the city local little farmerstore, where you can serve yourself and pay by weight putting your money into cashierbox. Well this little store counts on their buyers not to cheat.

While having a stop over there today, they had fresh picked Cherrytomatoes and I immediatly had to buy an amount of them. Some I wanted to use in my daily salad or for Crostinis and I knew as well what I wanted to do. A Chutney. The bought ones are defently too sweet for me. And with selfmade I can regular the sweetness.

With this Chutney recipe, using no big amount of sugar and with no additional fruits, it's just what I wanted.

A similar Chutney I tried a few weeks ago at the local vegan / vegetarian restaurant. Well of course they didn't what me to give their recipe, but I asked and they told me that they use saffron and just spices and little sugar.
And now with having fresh Cherrytomatoes I wanted to try it myself. My first try was to strong of the spices. The second try cames out just perfect. Glad about that!

This defently going to be the most admired Chutney of mine!!

 
--------------------------------------------------------------------


Saffron-Tomato-Chutney



4 portions

Ingredients:
1 big piece of ginger
200 g Cherrytomatoes
Olivoil
250 g Pelati-Tomato (can, bottle)
2–3 tsp Chilipowder
4 pinch Saffron strands
1 tsp. Safran powder
½ Tbsp. sugar
salt

Direction:
Finely chopp the ginger. Cut the cherrytomatoes into quarters. In a pan preheat the oliveoil and add the chopped ginger and roast a short time, then add the canned pelatitomatoes and cook it up.

Add the spices, sugar and quartered cherrytomatoes and taste with salt. Cook it up once and fill in glasses and let it cool down.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen