Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Montag, 29. Juli 2013

Herbed Polenta with Beans and Bok Choy

Weekend is over and the weather was very rainy and the temperature lowered over 10°C.  But the weather will be better the further the week goes. Well we hadn't rain the whole July, so for the nature it was good, but myself I stayed inside the whole day. I couldn't go to the garden and I had nothing specific going on. To say a lazy day with reading a lot. Since I got holiday - already two weeks I read a lot, 3 books and now I'm on my fourth. That's quite a record. When I got the time I love to read a good book.

Beside being lazy I of course had to eat something for dinner. Going throught my shelf for an idea. Usually I'm not a big polenta-lover, but a few years ago I had herbed polenta at a vegetarian restaurant and I really like it, so fluffy and light. AND I wanted to try to make it myself, see if I could make as good as I had it. Together with some sauted vegetable - according to the weather.

Polenta is an easy corn, fast done, but you got to taste it with your favorite spices the way you like it. Mostly I had plain polenta with sauce while living at home - not my style.

Anyway, wheather you love or hate Polenta, hopefully this recipe will change your mind.....

 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


Herbed Polenta with Beans and Bok Choi

Herbed Polenta with Beans and Bok Choy

The seasoning are lightly to keep the freshness of the fresh ingredients.

Ingredients:
Polenta:
4 1/4 cups water

1 cup polenta
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 bay leaf
3 tablespoons chopped basil (I used 2 teaspoons dried)
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
2 teaspoons chopped oregano
1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
 
The fresh ingredients:
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, chopped (or a combination of colors)
8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup vegetable broth
6 ounces baby bok choy, sliced
1 14-ounce can kidney or cannelloni beans, drained (or beans of choice)
1 teaspoon dried basil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
Optional: Vegan Parmesan
 
Direction:
Polenta:
Bring the water to a boil in the cooker. Stirring, sprinkle the polenta into the water. Add the garlic, salt, bay leaf, half of the basil and parsley, the oregano and rosemary. Lock the lid in place and over high heat bring to high pressure. Immediately lower the heat to maintain pressure for 5 minutes. Let the pressure come down and release any remaining pressure after 10 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and stir the polenta well. If the polenta seems too thin, simmer while stirring for a few minutes.

Sprinkle with remaining herbs and serve as is or pour into pie pans to cool. When cool, cut into slices or brush with oil and pan sauté or grill. Keep warm until ready to serve.

Vegetable:
In a large non-stick skillet, sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes, until it softens. Add the garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms and add a sprinkle of salt. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until mushrooms soften. Add the broth, bok choi, beans, and basil, stir well, and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes, until bok choy is wilted but still bright green. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in vinegar.

Serve atop polenta cubes, sprinkled with vegan Parmesan, if desired.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen