Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Samstag, 24. August 2013

Chard and Tofu Wontons in Sambal Soy Sauce

I defently can't get enough of chinese food! Yesterday I was again in the mood for it. As still having chinese stuff in my fridge I wanted to empty it at least a little bit. What I wanted to cook was for sure, but the filling was not definite. But when the Wontonleaves were at roomtemperatur I knew it. Having fresh pakchoy from my garden - and as packchoy are just the peferct asian vegetable  the result ended up just great.

Today does not seems to be my best one. I passed more than three hours in the emergency - NO, got nothing to do with this meal I ate the day before.
- but when I woke up this morning I had less sense in my left arm and hard to control my hand or work with it, beside less strenght. It feels like it's paralyse, I already relazide it when I woke up during the night. They couldn't tell me what it is. I may have been laying on my arm during the night it fall asleep (as it sometimes happens when lying on a nerve). But Now -  evening - I still have problems with my hand. It won't be better the next day I should come over once again. Hopefully it WILL be better tomorrow!!!!!!!!! It's really scarry.....


But for now let's enjoy the great and tasty light asian meal. Eather alone, with your partner or just with friends :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chard and Tofu Wontons in Sambal Soy Sauce

Chard and Tofu Wontons in Sambal Soy Sauce

30 minutes or fewer
 
Sambal oelek is a very spicy, slightly sour Indonesian hot sauce made from whole ground chiles (with the seeds). 
      
Wontons
2 tsp. roasted sesame oil
1 medium carrot, finely chopped (½ cup)
4 cups chopped Swiss chard leaves
170 g baked soy-seasoned tofu, chopped
1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
1 pkg. wonton wrappers
3 green onions, chopped, for garnish
¼ cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
 
Sambal Soy Sauce
6 Tbs. Chinese malt vinegar or 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar plus 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
6 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbs. sambal oelek
4 tsp. agave nectar
2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
 
1. To make Wontons: Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot, and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add chard, and cook 5 minutes, or until wilted. Transfer mixture to food processor, and pulse until finely chopped. Add tofu, and pulse until combined. Transfer to bowl, and stir in soy sauce and white pepper.

2. Set 1 wonton wrapper on work surface. Spoon 1 tsp. tofu mixture in center of wrapper. Brush wrapper edges with water, and fold wrapper into triangle around filling. Press edges to seal, and place on lightly floured baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.

3. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook 10 Wontons at a time in boiling water 90 seconds. Remove from pot with slotted spoon, and place in bowl.

4. To make Sambal Soy Sauce: whisk all ingredients together in small bowl. Top Wontons with Sambal Soy Sauce, and garnish with green onions and cilantro.

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen