Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 14. Juli 2013

Three strawberry stuffs (Jam, Chutney, Vinegar)

A few weeks ago I went together with my sister and her little son to the strawberry field for harvesting them. I harvest 4 kilo - a lot I have to say. It's been a great and hot day and after being finish I was sweeting!
Afterward we went making pictures for her son's ID. It's been hard work making him to smile and sit straight - but my sister got good nerves ;)

Being back at home I put the strawberries in the basement, instead of preparing them for what I wanted to do, I grabbed my book and some for my sister and cycled to my sister into the garden, chilling and looking for her son, while she's making strawberry jam.

We plaid and then my sister gave me a bikini and I was sitting together with my nephew in the baby swimming pool playing. I left as the sun went down and my sister had to leave home. But befor leaving I picked some of the mini Melonplant who were grewing in her compost.

I prepared the strawberries the other day and this is what I made:

NOTE: I know the post is late for strawberry season, but I wanted to post it, when the strawberry-pepper-vinegar is done, sieved and filled into a glasbottle.

 
---------------------------------------------------------------------

8 glasses of strawberry jam
2 small glasses of strawberry chutney
pre-prepared a strawberry-pepper-vinegar (will be finished in 2-3 weeks)
some of the strawberry I just chopped and frozen in and
some I puree and  froze in
AND of course some I just ate right away - so good!

Here are the recipes:

------------------------------------------

Strawberry Jam



Ingredients:
1 kilo chopped prepared strawberrie s
500 g gelling sugar or 1 kilo sugar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice

Direction:
In a big pan cook the strawberries together with the sugar and lemon juice till it thickings. Immediatly put the jam in hot washed glasses, close well and put them up-side-down on a wooden plate and let cool down.

For the best store them in the basement at a cool place before eating.

 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
 Strawberry Chutney



 
 
Ingredients:
250 g strawberries
2 Onion
80 ml vegan whitewine
120 g gelling sugar (3:1)
2 Tbsp. sweet Chilisauce
1 Tbsp. oil
 
Direction:
Peel and chopp finely the onion. Shortly wash the strawberries, cut the green away an dice into quarters.
 
Put the chopped onion in a preheated pan with the oil and roast till translucent. Add the strawberries, shortly roast them then add the wine, season with the chilisauce and stirr in the gelling sugar.
 
Lightly cook for almost  5 min then fill in hot sterilizated glasses and seal well. Let the chutney cool down and store eather in the refrigerator or in the basement.
 
Enjoy it with your grilled tofu or other stuffs
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Strawberry-Pepper-Vinegar

almost half a liter
 
Preperationtime: about 20 min
2-3 weeks till completly finished
 
Ingredients:
250 g trimmed strawberries
2 Tsp. whole pepper, finely mortared
50 g sugar
1 dl vegan redwine
2 dl red winevinegar
2 Tsp. Aceto Balsamico (italian dark vinegar)
 
Direction:
Mash the strawberry with a fork or cut finely. Fill it in a big glas with a wide throat.
 
Mortar the whole pepper. Together with the sugar and redwine cook it up, turn heat off and stirr in the vinegar. Pour it over the mashed strawberries and seal the glass well.
Store the bottle or glass in a dark and cold place for 2 - 3 weeks. During this time parttime shake it.
 
After the week, wash out hot a glassbottle and let it dry. Meanwhile sieve the the strawberry-vinegar throuh a geleetowel. Fill in the bottle and close well.
 
Tipp: Well sealed in a cold and dark place the strawberry-pepper-vinegar will be fine for 6-8 month.
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen