Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Freitag, 19. Juli 2013

Green Salad with Ginger Miso Dressing

Another hot and sunny day, unfortunatly I couldn't enjoy the afternoon chilling in the garden. I met a friend at her new apartement and she got no balcony. So we had to sit inside passing by the great day. I found it really bad, but I couldn't change it... I couldn't live without a balcony or a garden. I love to be outside, seeing your plants and vegetable growing. That's pure pleasur for the heart.

Well her new apartement was all over new, with a great kitchen and a own washing station, but that's it. For me defently too small and a little bit cold. No colour on the wall, just plain white. Of the kitchen I was really jealous.

Well back at home I was really hungry and my body graves for a fresh salad. I harvest a salad from my garden and back in my kitchen I immediatly knew what kind of dressing I wanted for the salad - asian dressing. Spicy, fresh and a little bit sweet. Weeks before I saw a asian salad dressing in a magazine I searched for it and made it, as I have most the ingredients always at home. Together with some chopped and grated vegetable - perfect and I immediatly fell in love for the dressing.

You could add as well some chopped tofu dices to bump it up or more vegetable if you like.

Enjoy :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------


Green Salad with Ginger Miso Dressing

Ginger Miso Dressing with a Green Salad | GI 365

Ingredients:
Dressing:
1 Tablespoon orange zest
½ cup orange juice, (from 2 oranges, freshly squeezed is best)
2 Tablespoons miso
2 Tablespoons ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
½ cup avocado oil, (or olive oil)
1 Teaspoon sea salt

Salad:
Lettuce Salad or any other one you like
1 cucumber
1 red pepper
2 carrots
 
Direction:
Dressing:
Zest the orange and measure out 1 Tablespoon. Juice the oranges and add the juice with the rest of the ingredients to a blender.
 
Blend on low, increasing to medium speed until dressing is completely emulsified.
 
The dressing will keep for at least a week in the fridge.
Salad:
Remove a few strips of peel from the cucumber and cut off the ends. Cut lengthwise into quarters

Cut Pepper - after desseding - lengthwise and chopp into small dices

Grate the carrots- either by hand or in your food processor.

Mix everything with the lettuce and pour the dressing over the salad.

Enjoy the asian inspired salad.
For a light meal serve with Eggplant-Tofu-Involtini or just a vegan tofu sausage and some roasted bread with a dip.

 
Notes
I used a light colored brown rice miso for this recipe. For a richer miso flavor you can use the dark variety.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen