Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Freitag, 12. Juli 2013

Spicy Spinach Dip, Strawberry-Green Salad with Orange Avocado Dressing

Today I finished my temporary job for sure and now can enjoy soem vacation weeks till I begin my new Job. First I thought about going to the mountains, where my parents got a little apartement, but then I changed my mind when I looked at my financial.

The vegetable in my garden would be ready to eat anyway and I wanted to enjoy them truly as I planted my first vegetable since four years. I once had a part in the garden where I lived before.
Now everything is growing very well, I already harvest some coloured swiss chard and next will be the salad.

As I only worked in the morning I went after lunch to my parents garden - third time (who are on vacation) to harvest the vegetable and fruits they got. The harvest vegetable I shared with my sister and the fruits did I froze in and some I took at home to make fruitjam.

Being back home I went over to my sister, gave her some of the vegetable and harvest her rasperry and froze it in for her (she was not at home).
During summer I love to work and lay in the garden. Guess I must have this from my father ;-)

BUT for now back to my recipes. As we almost got 30 C° today, I decided to prepare a light and fresh dinner. And salad goes always on a summer day, some bread with a Dip, a slice of melone before. What do you want more??

 
----------------------------------------------------------------------


Spicy Spinach Dip



Ingredients:
1 cup vegan-yogurt or vegan cream cheese
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 small sweet onion, minced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp chile powder
pinch of cayenne
1 package frozen spinach, thawed
salt

Directions:
1. Heat olive oil in a small skillet. Add the pine nuts and onion and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until the onion is lightly browned and soft and the pine nuts are golden (4-5 minutes).

2. Add the cumin, coriander, chile powder, and cayenne. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Scrape into a bowl and set aside.

3. Using your hands, squeeze the spinach until very dry. Coarsely chop it and discard any stringy pieces. Add the spinach and the vegan yogurt to the onion mixture, stirring to combine. Season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
*Can be made one day ahead of time

 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Strawberry-Green Salad with Orange Avocado Dressing
 
 
 
Ingredients:
6 green onions, roughly chopped
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
8-10 cups spring greens or mesclun mix
1 1/2-2 cups sliced strawberries
10 asparagus stalks, trimmed and sliced into strips with a vegetable peeler

Directions:
1. Puree the green onions, avocado, orange juice, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
2. In a large bowl, toss greens with strawberries, asparagus, and goat cheese.
3. Serve salad with dressing.
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen