Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2012

Homemade seitan

I really love seitan and because it’s so simple to make I really have no excuse for not doing so more often.
Althought my last post was also an seitan recipe but this one (I had a recipe from the selling homepage, where I bought the wheatflower and changed it a little). It's really good i have to say so.


So back to the seitan.recipe
 
IMG_6698
.
Log Seitan
Ingredients:
Dry
  • 2 1/2 c vital wheat gluten
  • 1/2 c chickpea flour
  • 1/2 c nutritional yeast
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tbsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder (I used garlic salt and omitted added salt)
  • 1 tsp salt (optional)
Wet
  • 1 3/4 c water (or veg broth)
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp Bragg’s
IMG_6641
Instructions:
Separately combine and mix wet and dry ingreds. Add both together.
IMG_6642

Place seitan blob on a sprayed sheet of tin foil and roll it up like a tootsie roll.
IMG_6643
Bake for 90 minutes at 325 degrees.
[From start to oven, this took under 5 minutes – does it get any easier than that?]
IMG_6649
I realize the end result looks like nothing anyone should eat, but it smelled sooo good.


IMG_6650
 
I was nervous about how hard it would be because it was very different from the seitan I usually make. Luckily, it was still semi-sponge-like (but definitely a more dry form).

IMG_6695
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen