Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2012

Cosy being inside, when outside it's all over covered with snow

 The night was so calm, so carsounds passing by. Therefor I slept pretty well, althought I have a deep sleep every night.
 
 

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I was in kitchen the whole yesterday, I wanted that's fast done.
Well it ended up not so fast, but so good!!

Vegan Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheeze 


IMG 4185   Vegan Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheeze

 
 
The next thing I did was sauté the vegetables. I chopped 1 sweet onion, 1 large red pepper, 2 small zucchini, 1 cup of cremini mushrooms, and minced 3 garlic cloves.
IMG 4145   Vegan Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheeze
 
While the vegetables are sautéing, you can boil your noodles. The best lasagna making tip that I can give you is to slightly undercook your lasagna noodles. I cooked mine for about 8 minutes and then quickly rinsed them with cold water. No one wants mushy noodles in a lasagna! I used Kamut noodles and they were very tasty.
IMG 4143   Vegan Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheeze
 
Once that is done, it’s time to start layering your lasagna. I took step-by-step pictures to help guide you along the process. So yea…if you’re not taking a bazillion photos it should move along even quicker!
 
IMG 4158   Vegan Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheeze IMG 4159   Vegan Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheeze IMG 4164   Vegan Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheeze
IMG 4165   Vegan Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheeze IMG 4166   Vegan Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheeze IMG 4169   Vegan Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheeze
IMG 4170   Vegan Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheeze IMG 4171   Vegan Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheeze IMG 4172   Vegan Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheeze
Tips:
  • I used about 1 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish.
  • Use half of your basil cheeze for the 1st layer and the rest for the second layer. Ditto for the vegetables!
  • You can add as much or as little cheese on top as you prefer. I think I used about 1 cup?

 
At this point you can wrap it up and put it in the fridge until you are ready to cook it, or you can bake it right away like I did.
After layering, bake in the oven, covered with tin foil, for 40-45 minutes at 400F and then remove the tinfoil and broil it over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes, watching closely.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen