Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Freitag, 28. Dezember 2012

Greek salad

 

I have been to greek once or twice I'm not sure about that. I guess the first time was with my parents without my sister and brother. This means I lived at my parents house and I was a young girl. I can't really remember If I ate the greek salad, but I do now like it, especially during summer, when its hot outside, but this salad can be eating during all year.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------

  Greek Salad



This salad is a vegan twist on the classic Greek salad. With marinated tofu, you won't miss the feta and it makes the dish a bit heartier.

Marinade:
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves

1 block tofu, sliced into small cubes
1 cucumber, seeds removed & sliced into half-moon shapes
1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1/3 cup kalamata olives, sliced in half
1/2 red onion, sliced
Salt & pepper to taste

Mix the ingredients for the marinade and let the tofu soak it up for a few hours. Then mix the tofu and other ingredients together. Finish it off with a drizzle of olive oil and salt & pepper to taste.
 
---------------------------------------------------
Broccoli with Garlic Chili Sauce
 
If you are a broccoli fan I'm sure that you will love it with this garlic chili sauce, which is just the right amount of sweet and spicy. If you are not a fan, just try a bite. I promise to be patient.

Serves 4.

4 cups broccoli florets (and chopped stems, if desired)
2 cups vegetable broth
3 Tbs soy sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1/2 tsp red chili pepper flakes
1-2 Tbs agave syrup (depending on level of sweetness desired)
2 tsps cornstarch

Bring your vegetable broth to a boil. Add the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, red pepper and agave, stirring well. Add the cornstarch, a little at a time and mix well to avoid making clumps (I found this easiest to do by using a whisk). Cook for 6 - 8 minutes on low heat until sauce thickens.

Meanwhile, steam your broccoli florets (and chopped stems, if desired) for 3 minutes until tender.

Serve broccoli and garlic chili sauce with quinoa, brown rice, or some tempeh, soy meat or tofu.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen