Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 22. November 2012

Today's Lunch

Although it was raining in the morning, I had to go outside. Luckely it stopped by then. As I'm having the car of my parents - they're on holiday - I was pretty fast at the appointement. Being in the City I plannend to go shopping some vegan Foodstuff outside the Country.

I live pretty close to the Border to Germany and they're having much more Vegan Product.
I knew I won't be home for Lunch so I took something with me.

It was a "Veggie Club Sandwich"
Here we go:

Veg filings and a creamy arugla spread lighten the load without compromising flavor.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Veggie Club Sandwich
 


Serves 4

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Vegan mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped arugla
12 slices toasted whole-wheat sourdough bread, divided
1 cup radish sprouts
2 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
8 slices low-fat vegan bacon strips, cooked
1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
12 slices vegan smoked chicken

Direction:
1. Combine mayonnaise and arugla in medium bowl. Spread on 4 slices bread.
2. Divide radish sprouts over spread. Top each with 1 tomato slice and 2 bacon strips. Add a decond layer of toast o each sandwich, and top each with 1 more tomato slice, then avocado and chicken. Spread remaining mayonnaise over remaining 4 toast slices, and place over chicken. Secure sandwiches with tooth-picks, and cut in 4 triangles.
___________________________________________________________________________________

It was really good and light, just the right thing for Lunch on the go.

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen