Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Samstag, 3. Mai 2014

Lemony green salad with asparagus

First of May or Labor Day and most people got a day off from work. So did I. And hope you had one too!

I'm enjoying my day at home - with some homework, that had to be done since a while and of course I couldn't resist doing/ preparing something in the kitchen. For lunch I wanted to make a spring-salad with aspargus. This year I hadn't a salad with aspargus - even yet not often aspargus itself for dinner, but for tomorrow I wanted to make aspargus with pan-roasted potatoes and a selfmade vegan whitewine-sauce. 

Back to the salad. I had a small bunch of fine aspargus at home and salad I have always in the refrigerator. 

I searched my saladcookbook recipes and the web for a spring salad and then in a almost forgotten file on my laptop I found this recipe - perfect!

There's nothing faster prepared than a green salad. 

The dressing was just perfect as it caught the flavor of the green aspargus just perfectly and made them. 

While the aspargus sauted I prepared a fast lemon butter for the toasted baguette (recipe below).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Lemony green salad with aspargus



2 Persons

Ingredients:
½ bunch of green asparagus 
mixed green salad leaves
3 tablespoons olive oil 
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 
Sea salt and pepper 
Olive oil for frying 
a few toasted almonds or compatible nuts (optional) 

Preparation:
Break off the woody ends from the green asparagus and sauté in a pan with a little olive oil. 

Season with sea salt and pepper. In the meantime, arrange the green salad variation on a plate and prepare the dressing. For this, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt & pepper mix well. 
Once the asparagus fried crispy crunchy lay on the salad and pour the dressing over the salad and aspargus. 

Anyone who likes can still sprinkle the salad with toasted almonds.


--------------------------------------------------------

Lemon butter

Ingredients:
120 g vegan butter or margarine
1 tbsp. lemon juice
juice and zest from one lemon
1 tsp. dill
salt and pepper

Preparation:
Wisk and mix butter and lemon juice together until the mixture is frothy and is almost white and has achieved double the volume. 

Mix the lemon juice, zest and dill under the mixture and season.

Till using put back in the refrigerator

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen