Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 27. April 2014

Seitan with swisschard-creamsauce and soupentree

I don't know if I have mentioned it, that my last years-planted swisscard is growing again!! Unbelieble, but defently great. I can harves earlier my own vegetable, than even planted and waiting for it again.

Anyway, today I wasn't really planning about to harvest and prepare it. But so fast things changes. A few days ago I invited a friend of mine. But she canceled and yesterday she called me - days later - and said than she would have time today. 

First I was hesitating, cause I wasn't really feeling well and after doing the groceries I changed my mind, though I wasn't really sure what to serve - do I have enough vegetable or a side enought to serve two. Then suddenly the swisschard in the backgarden - jump into my mind, luckely I bought some potatoes and tomatoes and Seitan I was having on hand. The potatoes I will roast with herbs in the pan. 

Born was the dinner. About the sauce I was still hesitating weather to prepare a homemade whitewinsauce or a mushroomsauce. At the end I desided for the mushroomsauce. 

(Homemade Whitewine-sauce I will post later on)

When my friend arrived we enjoyed a great dinner together, for her it was the first time she ate seitan and she really liked it. 

Now it's your turn to  enjoy an evening or dinner together with your beloved ones with a good dish served ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENTREE

Liquid spicy Tomato Salad

Flüssig-scharfer Tomatensalat

4 Portions

Ingredients:
400 g beef tomatoes
100-150 g tomatillos
1 small white onion, chopped
1/2 fresh Chili, such as Jalapeño, cut
1 Garlic clove, cut in half
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
Sea salt
1 dl mineral water
Olive oil, cold-pressed
Coriander leaves

Direction:
Cut 200 g tomatoes in half, then in quarters. Peal the Tomatillos from the case, cut in half. Puree with onion, chili, garlic, vinegar and salt.
Add mineral water and 1 Tbsp. oil. 

Set aside covered in the refrigerator for 1 hour.  Cut the remaining tomatoes finely and distribute in a bowls. Add tomato liquid, drizzle with oil and garnish with cilantro.
Note:
A great tasting entree soup-salad!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAIN DISH

Seitan with swisscard-creamsauce



Time: 50 min

Ingredients:
One swisschard (or more if you like)
200 g seitan 
sesame seeds 
flour 
Egg substitute for about 3 eggs 
breadcrumbs 

Sauce:
1 onion 
250 g mushrooms 
little oil
250 ml soycream
125 ml of water 
3 tablespoons powder for brown sauce 
1 teaspoon soy sauce 

Vegetable:
2 cloves of garlic 
1 (blood) orange 
pepper 
salt 
fresh herbs 
some grated orange peel (optional)

Direction:
Separate the chard leaves from the stems. Bring some water to boil, add salt and blanch the stems for 4-5 minutes. Then add the leaves until they fall apart. Meanwhile ..

Cut the seitan into slices and bread. For this only distribute some sesame seeds and pepper on the seitan, then roll them in flour, then in egg substitute and finally in breadcrumbs.

Cut the onions and the mushrooms into slices. In some oil fry them together until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms have lost some fluid. 

Dissolve brown sauce mix with half of the soy cream as well as the water, and add along with the soy sauce over the steamed mushrooms. Bring to a boil to thicken the sauce. Turn off the heat. 

In another preheated pan add some oil and give in the swisschard. Crush the garlic into the pan, season with salt, pepper and steam, after 10-13 min add the remaining soy cream.

Squeeze half of the orange and stir the juice into the pan. Those who wish can also add some grated orange peel .

Meanwhile, in hot pan with some oil fry the seitan until it is crispy and golden brown on both sides (5-7 minutes).

Serving:
Arrange the swisschard on a plate, top with the seitan and pour over the sauce. 

Dizzle over the sauce some pressed orange juice and garnish with the left orange and fresh herbs.  Finish

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen