Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Dienstag, 13. Mai 2014

Curry-"Spätzle" with seitancutlets and carrots

Today I woke up and while having breakfast and thinking about the dinner I prepared days before - with a "not good" millet risotto. Well the millet risotto was just not mine and not well cooked - or whatever. It just tasted bad.....I need defenetly a new side. 

Lately I won two pack of a "real" eggreplacer - MyEy eggwhite and MyEy eggyolk - all vegan!
And it replaces the egg 1:1 "so its said". Since I received it I hadn't used it yet - afraid of the "eggtaste".




Up till today. All I wanted is to try the powder for a side and having a spätzle grater I havn't used as well - the side was pretty clear. Spätzle!

When being a child I loved spätzli - just something special and it does look so different to other noodles. 

Since now I only ate brought vegan spätzle - very good but will get mushyt if you roast them in too much oil and pour in some sauce. 
Let's try the selfmade ones. 

I knew I had a saved recipe for vegan spätzli and I was trying to find it. I searched the homepage from myey - cause I knew I have seen somewhere a recipe. I did not found the one I was looking for and so I just took another one and changed it a little bit. 

Born where my first self made vegan spätzle. AND they tast not "egg-a-like" in fact very very good!

I knew making spätzle is easy and difficult as well, but also fail if the dought is either too wet or too thick. While preparing the dought you will feel your arms, cause you need some muscle to prepare a perfect dought. Definitely a kind of work out. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curry-"Spätzle" with seitancutlets and carrots


I have to say, that I forgot to pour over the brown-sauce..
4 Persons

about 75 min

Ingredients:
Spätzle
200 ml flour
2 tsp. salt
1-2 tsp. currypowder
pinches of tumeric
eggreplacer for two eggs (any of your favorite - I used MyEy, desolved in the amount of water needed)
200 ml water, more if needed

150 g seitancutlets
150 g carrots - cut into pieces
1 small onion, chopped
vegetable broth
pepper, salt
oil

Vegan brownsauce 
1 medium sized red onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. oil
about 300 ml vegetable broth
100 ml red wine
1 tsp. oregano
2 Tbsp. tomatoe paste
salt, pepper

Preparation:
For the "spätzle" mix all the dry ingredients together in a big bowl.

In measuring cup add the 200 ml water, desolve the eggreplacer, and wisk everything together. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and slowly pour in the liquid, stirring with a trowel. Mix everything together and then keep on "beating" the dought, till it fluffs and blow some "air"... The dought should  be viscous and fall slowly from your trowel, then the dought is perfect. Set aside to rest for 30 min. 

Now prepare the brownsauce:
In a oiled preheated pan, roast the onions for about 1 min then add the tomato paste, roasting for about 2-3 min. Lower the heat a little and pour in the red wine, desolve the roast and cook up. When the amount lowered pour in the vegetable broth and herb, spices and let slightly cook for 8-10 min. Maybe season the sauce, then turn down the heat and set aside till serving. 

Meanwhile wash und peel the carrots, cut into pieces and cook in boiling water with brothpowder, till they are done. Drain at keep it warm. 

For the seitancutlets, either pre-prepare your own one - or like I use a bought on. Cut into a "hash-look a like" pieces. In a oiled pan roast the onion till translucent then add the seitan and roast on all sides, season, taste and set - kept warm - aside. 

Now it's the "spätzle" turn. Bring a big pan with brothpowder to cook slightly. With a "spätzle-grater"  

(if not on hand - a sieve will also do it), spread the dought up and down and the dought will trough the holes into the water. When swim on the surface they are well and can be removed into sieve. 
Keep going on like this, till all dought is prepared. For roasting them in a pan, rinse with cold water, otherwise pour over some oil to beware them from sticking together. 

NOW, serve them together with the seitan cutlets, carrots and pour the brownsauce over the spätzle and seitan. Garnish with herbs and serve hot. 

Then, all you got to do is having a good dish and hopefully you like it!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen