Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 9. Februar 2014

Zucchini & Noodles in Green Curry Sauce with Thai Basil

Sometimes I really feel lost about the amount of recipes I got in my shelf. Hard to desire what to do, cause everything just sounds so good - mouth watering - but I have to decide. 

And yesterday was a day I really couldn't decide what I shall try out, at the end - still not sure what I'm really up to, I just started with shaving zucchinis, and then having a look into the spice shelf section in the refrigerator, the green curry just caught my eye - and - trara trara- this dish happens to come out.

The zucchini compares well with the green curry and they give almost same color to the pasta. 

If you like to use shaved carrots then I would recomend the red or yellow curry. 

Obvisiouly a very simple dish, but so good and pretty healthy - and if I would have had more zucchinis on hand, I would have made more shaves - I love zucchinis and scallions!

How ever just enjoy this simple, easy and fast done dish, Maybe add some tofu cubes for protein addition. 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zucchini & Noodles in Green Curry Sauce with Thai Basil



Serves 4

Ingredients:
1 can unsweeted coconut milk
1-2 tbsp. green curry paste
1 lime, peeled with a vegetable peeler, and juiced
1 tbsp. agave nectar
Asian noodles (rice or soba noodles)
2-3 scallions, all of it slivered vertically
1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
Oil
1 green and yellow Zucchini, shredded lenthwise
half cup of Thai basli leaves

Direcetion:
Preheat a saucepan and give in the coconut milk, green curry paste and lime peel and bring to simmer. 

Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring to dissolve the green curry paste. Then remove the lime peel and add the lime juice, agave nectar. Stirr and taste. (Add more curry paste if you like it spicy)

Meanwhile, cook the noodles until al dente, drain and give them to the warm coconut milk sauce. 

Lightly sauté the scallions and garlic and add to the noodle mixture. 

Put some of the raw zucchini apart (Decoration at the end), and give the rest into the coconut sauce, combine and lightly cook the zucchini. Add the Thai basil, wilt and, just before serving, add the reserved shredded zucchini.

Note: If you don't like the green curry you can replace it of course with your favorite, but I choosed the green as it got the same color as the vegetables







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen