Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 16. Februar 2014

Morel & Potato-Hash

A few days ago I came home late in the evening and was so lazy to cook a big dish. Having a glaze in my cupboard and refrigerator I saw some morels. It has been a while since I ate mushrooms the last time and so I grabbed them together with the potato from the refrigerator. 

I wasn't really sure what really I wanted to make with them, but the resultat - again a just trown-together was exellent!! Together with a salad bowl I had a full meal.

Probably the next time I will make a ragout - mushrooms cook in a vegetable and tomato-redwine sauce. Side dish some noodles. Something like a "Zürcher Geschnetzeltes" (Meal with a cream-meat-mushroom-sauce and noodles), a traditional common meal in Switzerland.

Let's experience ;)

Anyway hope you got a idea what to cook if you're in a hurry, tired and lazy to cook. 

Enjoy!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morel and Potato-Hash




serves 3

Ingredients:
3 tbl extra virgin olive oil
seitan, medium dice (amount about your choice. I had about 200g) 
2-3 small yellow potatoes, unpeeled, medium dice 
2 cups morels, halved lengthwise
2 cups water 
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tsp dried basil 
1 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes 
2 tbl tamari
1 tbl agave syrup
1/2 tsp liquid smoke or some red wine
1 cup thin asian beans, roughly chopped

Direction:
Saute the seitan, potatoes and morels in a large skillet for 5-7 minutes until the potato start to get tender. Add the water and garlic and cook until the water has evaporated. Season with basil, pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes, tamari, agave and liquid smoke. 


Saute 5 minutes more until the potatoes are fully cooked through and most of the sauce from the tamari has been absorbed.

Toss with fresh sea beans and serve.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen