Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 27. Februar 2014

Grilled Sandwich with Hummus, Tomatoes, Arugula and sauted onions

Lately I met at work a backery and confiseur - junior-son and after a few times I wanted to give him a hint/idee what he could include for their take-away part to sell - and what could this other be than vegan stuff. 

He said that since 4 weeks they got one vegan sandwich and I was surprised to hear that. At least on sandwich. BUT, what he also said is, that he's open for other ideas and as I'm vegan I now got the oppurtunity to give him some idea. I already successed with the self-made vegan "eggsalad" and with brought vegan cheese-slices. 

Some days later I tried their vegan sandwich I have to say really not bad for their first one. It was filled with  "some" salad, cucumber pickle, vegetable steak and a tasty tomatosauce. The sandwich was HUGE, a little bit too much for me. Anyway.

Back at home I've decided to give him a hint about another sandwich and I searched my mind, cookbooks and web for some ideas, hard to decide, but I wanted to keep it simple for newcomers. 

AND he asked what I like for lunch and this sandwich I would defenetly buy! There is nothing about vegetable......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grilled Sandwich with Hummus, Vegetable and onions


2 Persons


Ingredients 
1 medium sized onion, sliced and halved
oliveoil
2 - 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
handful arugula or if too early for it, use Babyspinach
hummus (I used some tomato-spiced-Hummus)
salt and fresh grounded pepper
4 slices bread of your choice

Direction:
In a medium sized pan heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat, add sliced onion and cook about 5-7 min, stirring until translucent and golden around the edges and tender, Beware to burn them on the edges.

Now there are two ways to prepare your sandwich. Eather you grill your bread in grilling pan first and lay it with the ingredients afterwards. 
OR you preheat a grilling-pan, oil it and prepare your sandwich and grill the whole thing together on each side for 2-3 minutes. (This way I would recommend if you desire a whole-warmed-through-sandwich).

Layering:
On both inner side of the bread spread a generous amount of your favorite hummes. Add a layer of sauted onions, then tomato, arugula and at the end sprinkle with some salt and pepper. 


Slice and enjoy already some summer!





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen