Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Samstag, 14. September 2013

Roasted Okra Masala

Again another day passing by. Founding Okra's at a bigger and more expensive store I grabbed some packets. I hardly can pass them without taking. This time I didn't wanted to cook them the asian way, still exotic - Indien. As I also do love the Indian food or at least the spices. I even got a few Ayurveda cookingbooks and many years ago I was at an ayurveda foodtherapist and Ayurveda Massage. I learned at lot about Ayurveda and mostly I still use today. It helped me a lot with curing some problems. As every person got a different "Dosha". I learned that some food aren't good for my constitution. But some I still eat it. (I just love it too much)......

All I wanted to do once I going for an Ayurveda Healing Week. Unfortunatly the best are in the very south of India or the one taking part in Switzerland are pretty expensive. Maybe some day I can afford it or hopefully the insurance will pay it. Let's see.

But back to my today's indien dish I had as a side dish served together with plain rice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Roasted Okra Masala

Roasted Okra Masala


Cookingtime: 25 min
4 Side dish servings

Ingredients:
1 pound small, tender okra
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon ginger root, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
1 teaspoon kosher salt, optional

Direction:

Preheat oven to 450 C. Place okra on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Okra should be beginning to brown in places but not burned.
 
When the okra is almost finished cooking, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion. Cook until onion begins to soften and then add the ginger root, garlic, and cumin and cook for another minute. Add turmeric and garam masala and cook for another minute, adding a tablespoon of water if the spices start to stick. Add the roasted okra and salt, if you use it, stir well, and cook for another minute or two.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen