Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 30. Mai 2013

Tagliatelle with Aspargus & Tomatoes

Yesterday I celebrated my Birthday with rainy weather - again! I didn't made something special - this will happen on saturday with the family with grilling and hopefully better weather. On the radio they said, that it's the weted and cold May since 20 years!!!! Unbelieveble. I still don't feel better, still the bad cough and sometimes headache. If it don't gets better I got to visit the doctor.

As I will do a little party on saturday I already prepared some stuff ahead and this took me almost the whole afternoon standing in the kitchen with a mouthmask to preware my virus coming on the food while coughing.
In the evening I anyway cooked, to fait against the weather, a simple, easy but so good "summery" dinner and I immediatly felt better. Incredible who good food can heal your soul....

Of course I will post the food I made for saturday later on, be patient ;)

For now the recipe made on my Birthdayevening.  Enjoy and hopefully you got better weather and enjoy it!


Tagliatelle with Aspargus & Tomatoes




Serves 4

Ingredients
olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
1 small bunch basil, leaves and stalks finely chopped
2 x 400 g tinned plum tomatoes
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 bunch asparagus
500 g fresh tagliatelle (egg-free)
extra virgin olive oil, to serve
 
Direction:
Heat a saucepan over a medium heat and add a nice lug of olive oil. Add the garlic and fry until it turns a light golden brown. Add the chopped basil stalks and tinned tomatoes, and bring to the boil. Season with pepper and a tiny pinch of salt, then simmer for 5 minutes.

Snap the woody ends off the asparagus stalks and throw them away. You can either chop the asparagus finely with a knife or use a food processor. Add it to the tomato sauce, let it simmer for 1 minute or so, then take it off the heat. Taste, and add a little salt and pepper if needed. Finish off the sauce by stirring in the basil leaves.

Cook the tagliatelle according to the packet instructions, then drain, reserving some of the pasta water. Toss in the pasta sauce with a little of the water to loosen.
Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and vegan Parmesan cheese (if desired).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen