Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 19. Mai 2013

Different Eggplant Casserole

Today I got a day off from work and still the day was very busy and hard working. I found a raised-bed gardening in the web on a selling page and this one was for free with no costs! I had to take it no matter what. I had to pick it up one hour driving away in another city and as I have no car my parents came with me. So we drove up there, pick it up and back home with a stop at a garden center to buy earth and stone plates. After we ate something the project could beging. As the gras in backyard was almost hips high we first had to cut it. After a long and hard working afternoon we were finished at exactly six p.m. I was pretty proud of my little garden!

Back in my kitchen I needed a healthy dish which gave me back energy. Luckely I went for food while my parents ate their lunch, otherwise I had to order something at a foodservice, my refrigerator was so empty.
While the Casserole was in the oven I prepared myself a healthy green salad with sprouts and tomatoes and some garlicbread.

After I ate dinner I was pretty tired laying on the sofa watching TV and going to bed on time. Tomorrow I will have a day with a lot to do.


Different Eggplant Casserole




Serves 1-2
Cook time 30 minutes
 
Ingredients
1/4 cup organic virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 medium to large organic eggplant
1-2 organic yellow squash or zucchini
1/2 block vegan cheese (shredded)
1 handful organic baby spinach
plain bread crumbs
raw walnuts, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (minced)
 
Directions
In a small skillet, toss in the oil, garlic, salt, and rosemary. Sauté till they are fragrant and the garlic is a light brown. Pour into a bowl, then it can easily cool off.
Take the eggplant and yellow squash, cut them in slices with a knife.
                            
Pull out an 8-inch greased square pan. Let the layering begin! Cover the bottom of the pan with one layer of eggplant and one layer of yellow squash, then brush on the oil mixture (a little on the generous side) over the squash. Sprinkle a light layer of bread crumbs and walnuts. Sprinkle on some vegan cheese.
 
Continue with another layer of eeggplant and one layer of yellow squash, then brush on the oil mixture (a little on the generous side) over the squash. Sprinkle a light layer of bread crumbs and walnuts. Sprinkle on some vegan cheese.
               
Generously layer the spinach on top; try to lay it so it stays on the flatter side. Go ahead sprinkle a little cheese if you want! Don’t worry almost done, lovely!
           
Continue with another layer of eeggplant and one layer of yellow squash, then brush on the oil mixture (a little on the generous side) over the squash. Sprinkle a light layer of bread crumbs and walnuts. Sprinkle on some vegan cheese.
                            
Pop the pan in a preheated oven at 350º for 30 minutes. Eat alone, with pasta, potatoes, or anything your heart desires. Enjoy!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen