Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 12. Mai 2013

Blueberry Pie on Mother's day

Annual Mother's day and my mother is away in the swiss alps. Anyway now I got this delicious cake for myself and my brother with his girlfriend who came over for a cup of coffee. Unfortunatly the weather is pretty windy and not really warm to be outside, too bad. My sister went for grilling in the forest area.

I bought the blueberries not knowing someone would come over, but when my brother called and asked if they could come over I just that idea what I could do instead with the blueberries (first I wanted to make a jam). I like fruitpie more than cakes, can't tell you why it's just fruitier.
This pie is pretty easy and so fast done, ingredible. My mother would have loved the pie. Well mother's day not the only day you can bake something for your mother. Always show her your love throught the year. It means more than just on one day during the year!!



Blueberry Pie
.
 



Ingredients:
1 ½ lbs fresh blueberries
½ cup light brown sugar
Juice from ½ lemon (discard seeds)
1 tsp cinnamon
2 TBL cornstarch or arrowroot powder
2 TBL cold water
1 baked pie crust 9” (check ingredients if buying frozen crust or make your own)

Direction:
In a large saucepan, heat the blueberries over medium-high heat until they begin to boil. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.

Add brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Simmer for 2 minutes.

Mix the cornstarch or arrowroot well with the water. Pour mixture into the simmering blueberries while stirring. Cook and stir until mixture becomes clear and thick. Continue to cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool.

Spoon mixture into already baked pie crust and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Whip up SoyaToo Soy Whip to stiff peak and put a dollop on your slice of pie. Garnish with mint sprig.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen