Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Mittwoch, 24. April 2013

Aspargus and Leeks and a dish with tempeh and vegetables

As we had some really nice and already warm days, I was thinking what to create for light lunch on the balcony. Aspargus was for sure - when it's season I can't get enough of it. And I also like leek much so suddenly I had an Idea coming up. This dish is quite easy and fast done as bought the aspargus and leeks don't need much trimming. The fresh lemon and orange zest gives the dish a kind of freshness as well, so perfect for a sunny day either on the balcony or in the backyard of your house.


Asparagus and Leeks



Ingredients:
2 pounds medium asparagus
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1-1/2 cup leek, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions
Cut off the tough ends of the spears and discard. Cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces

Bring a large pot of water to a boil.

While the water heats, cook the olive oil and add the leeks and saute until softened.

Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and add the asparagus to the skillet. Add the lemon and orange zest and toss. Immediately remove from heat and serve.

---------------------------------------------------------------
A few days ago I made a vegan mayonnaise - to be trou for the first time and it's taste is really good, though I'm  not a mayonnaise lover at all! And while I've done it I had another idea what I could try to do. I still had some almonds left and I'm not a big nut lover as well but I just wanted to make them, I don't like having things open and I'm not going to eat it just like it is. And so it came that I created this Miso-Almond Sauce. Luckely the almonds don't taste that strong in this sauce I could easly eat it and even liked it. AND it was just perfect with the vegetable and the tempeh.

Peas, Carrots, and Tempeh with Miso-Almond Sauce

Peas, Carrots and Tempeh with Miso-Almond Sauce
Serves 4
30 minutes or fewer           
Ingredients:      
1 cup quinoa
3 Tbs. almond butter
2 Tbs. lemon or lime juice
1 Tbs. yellow miso
1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
1 Tbs. peanut or canola oil
1 8-oz. pkg. plain tempeh, cubed
4 carrots, halved and sliced into half-moons (1¾ cups)
2 1/2 cups sugar snap peas
Direction:
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 20 minutes, or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.

2. Whisk together almond butter, lemon juice, miso, ginger, and garlic. Whisk in 1/3 cup water. Set aside.

3. Heat wok over high heat, until water droplets evaporate within 1 second. Add oil, and swirl to coat wok. Add tempeh, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add carrots, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add sugar snap peas, and stir-fry 1 minute. Remove from heat.

4. Fluff quinoa with fork, top with vegetables, and drizzle with miso-almond mixture.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen