Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Samstag, 6. April 2013

Steamed green bean salad and tortilla spirals

The day before yesterday I had to bring my cat to the doctor. She broke off one of her theeth, in fact the big one in front the canine tooth and she needed a endodontic therapie. In the evening when I picked up and went home she was still a little bit dizzy and was walking around like a drunken. She was very tired was just laying on the floor. I was a little bit nervous cause she really needed a long time to get back to normal. Sometimes she really chills with the whole body.

Luckely everything went good and she's doing fine.
Sometimes it's really getting on my nerve when I'm doing some cooking and both cats are always around wanting something, even they had just eaten. So this day was perfect for doing something in the kitchen.
First I made the green bean salad. I love beans and mostly I buy already cooked ones but I had this very good bean salad in mind my mother used to do when I was a kid and I wanted to make it. While the beand were cooking I made the veggie spirals  and both the salad and the spirals were so good, defently worth making it again and again.



Steamed green bean salad

Fresh Green Bean Salad

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. oil
500 g fresh green beans
1 onion, minced
1 head garlic, minced
1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
fresh herbs such as parsely or chives

Dressing:
pinch of pepper, salt, onion or garlicpowder
pinch of capsicumpowder
Juice from one lemon
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. oil
fresh herbs

Directions:
Clean and cut fresh green beans and drain.

Preheat a pan with oil and then add the onion and stirr till they are translucent. Add the garlic and the beans, stirr well and roast for a few minutes. Add the broth and steam on medium hight for about 40 min or until "al dente". Stirring frequently.

Meanwhile prepare the dressing from the ingredients above.
After the beans are done pour the dressing over the beans while they are still warm.

Serve immediately on a bed of lettuce.

---------------------------------------------------------------
 
 I really do like very much just rolled up sandwiches. They are fast done and a lot easier to eat than other sandwiches. For those rolls I used tortilla bread, but you can use also another flat bread or even selfmade ones. Just put everything you like on the bread and roll up. For mine I love any kind of sprouds, they are so healthy and full of vitamins.

Veggie tortilla spirals


Vegie lavash spirals


Ingredients
 

150g hummus or any vegan cheese dip
2 pieces wholemeal tortilla bread
1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
60g alfalfa and broccoli sprouts



Direction:
Spread dip over bread.
 
Sprinkle carrot, alfalfa and broccoli sprouts.
Starting from one narrow end, roll up firmly to form a log.
 
Cut each roll crossways into 4 portions and serve.

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen