Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Mittwoch, 10. April 2013

Chipotle Rhubarb Salsa

While drinking my afternoon coffey I was thinking what to do with the leftover rhubard I got from my breakfast porridge. Most time I eat rhubard as a sweet dish like a cake or as yesterday again for breakfast. But making a cake for myself - not really. I'm no sweet girl.

I was going trough my recipe stock to get an idea and then suddenly I knew what I wanted to try. A salsa. I found a similar recipe and just changed some ingredients and voila the rhubard salsa was born. It's tart, sweet and a little bit spicy (guess I added a little bit too much chipotle). I really just loved it and hardly couldn't stopp myself from eating.

It will stay good for about one week in the refrigerator.



Chipotle Rhubarb Salsa

 

Prep time
Cook time
Total time
 
Serves: 6-8

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ medium onion
4 cups diced rhubarb
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup golden raisins
½-1 teaspoon chipotle powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper
 
Instructions
In a larger pot, heat olive oil over medium. Add in onions and saute until the onions become translucent, 4-5 minutes. Stir in rhubarb and continue to cook until rhubarb softens , time varies depending on if you are using fresh or frozen.
 
Next, add remaining ingredients. I start with ½ teaspoon of chipotle and taste at the end to see if I want more heat. Stir and bring salsa to a boil, the reduce to a simmer. Let cook for 15-20 minutes. If you want smoother salsa, use an immersion blender (or a regular one) to puree.
 
Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Serve warm or store in refrigerator for up to a week.
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen