Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Mittwoch, 17. April 2013

Eggplant Stacks with hot sauce

Good day monday is over. I really had a heavy and hard working day. When I came home I just throw myself on the sofa with a drink in one hand and just relaxing before doing some cooking.
And today work is much better, luckely cause I'm pretty tired.

On Sunday I made these good looking eggplants stalk as a light lunch. I have to say I'm not really an eggplant lover, but when I got a good recipe, yes I eat and like the eggplants. I just cooked them, set them aside while doing the sauce and ate them with the hot sauce. Of course any sauce you like will do it, but as spring is coming closer I made a fresh one.



Eggplant Stacks with Hot Sauce


Ingredients (2 large serves)

Eggplant
1 medium eggplant
Pea, Coriander, Lime & Mint Sauce
2 cups peas (frozen)
1 cup stock
1 cup chopped fresh coriander
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
Juice of 1 lime
Zest of 1 lime
  
Direction

Eggplant
Slice eggplants in 0.5-1 cm rounds
dry fry on a good non stick pan (or griddle if you want the nice lines) until tender and golden
be patient, undercooked eggplant isn't so yummy
when done keep covered to retain heat & cook another batch
whilst frying in batches make sauces

Pea, Coriander, Lime & Mint Sauce
defrost peas (leave out or pour boiling water over them)
chop herbs
zest & juice lime
combine all ingredients
blend to a smooth consistency

Back to the Eggplant Stacks
Assemble cooked eggplant
layering with sauce
chop & sprinkle with fresh coriander
enjoy!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen