Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Mittwoch, 6. März 2013

Orange-Soy Tofu Stir-fry

I didn't know what was wrong with me, being always tired, falling a sleep on the sofa, hard to get up in the morning. But now I know the reason. As I'm a medical assistent I took myself some blood and let it get checked and the result was that I have a very low Iron. No wonder I'm always tired.

This morning I was sitting outside on my balcony for the first time this year and I suck in the sun. It did so good. While sitting outside my head was craving for an idea for todays dinner. Mostly I just mix up some ingredients and see what comes out - in fact it always comes out good tasting. This time I was inspired from the asian orange-chicken and I wanted to try it out. I never ate orange-chicken before so this vegan version was the first time eating it, and I really loved it.


Orange-Soy Tofu Stir-Fry


 
Total Time: 25 min
Prep Time: 10 min

Ingredients
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoon lite soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 teaspoon canola oil
1 package low fat extra-firm tofu, patted dry, cut into 1-in. cubes
2 teaspoon each minced garlic and fresh ginger
1 bunch asparagus, cut in pieces
2 medium red peppers, sliced
1 cup frozen shelled edamame
1 package sliced shiitake mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced scallions
Garnish: toasted sesame seeds
Directions
1. Mix water, orange zest, juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and crushed red pepper flakes in a cup.

2. Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add tofu; cook over high heat 5 minutes, turning often, until golden. Add garlic and ginger. Reduce heat and cook 30 seconds. Remove.

3. Heat 1 tsp oil in skillet. Add asparagus, peppers, edamame and mushrooms; stir-fry 5 minutes.

4. Add orange juice mixture and bring to boil. Stir in tofu and scallions; toss.

------------------------------------------------------

Raw Cashew Cheesecake

Raw Cashew Cheesecake (Vegan) Recipe
 
Ingredients:
2 cup macadamia nuts
1 1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup dates pitted
1/4 cup dried coconut
6 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (gently warmed)
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup raw agave nectar
1/2 sun-dried vanilla bean
3 cup mixed berries, such as blueberries and raspberries
Preparation
1. Place macadamia nuts in large bowl, and cover with cold water. Place cashews in separate bowl, and cover with cold water. Soak nuts 4 hours, then rinse, drain, and set aside.
2. Pulse macadamia nuts and dates in food processor to a sticky crumb-like consistency. Sprinkle dried coconut on bottom of 8-inch pie pan. Press macadamia nut mixture onto coconut to make crust.
3. Place cashews, coconut oil, lime juice, agave nectar, and 6 Tbs. water in bowl of food processor. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into food processor bowl, and purée until smooth. Pour mixture onto crust, and freeze 1 to 2 hours, or until firm. Remove from freezer, slice while frozen, and transfer to serving platter. Defrost in fridge 1 hour, or on countertop 30 minutes; top with berries; and serve.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen